Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 08:30 PM

827 posts, read 1,088,317 times

Advertisements

Cookies and cake for breakfast...lol. Jesse, didn't you post your "health regimen" in the Health subforum, and got ridiculed for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 08:32 PM

827 posts, read 1,088,317 times
As for me, Mon-Fri it's usually a "meal on the go" drink. Weekends though, I can take my time. I usually make scrambled eggs and sausage, or with hashbrowns.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:45 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,385,799 times
It takes less than 5 min to scramble 2 eggs. I usually do 2 cups of coffee, toast, and scrambled eggs.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:53 PM

12,076 posts, read 23,189,033 times
Depends: it may be some oatmeal or a pastry or a frozen breakfast sandwich or I'll cook some sausage, eggs and toast. I like breakfast. As note above, it takes less than ten minutes to make a sausage and egg sandwich. If you want, use turkey sausage, whole wheat toast and egg whites.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:04 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,001,844 times
You can get protein for breakfast without cooking:

1 cup greek yogurt, 3/4 cup of high protein cereal (Uncle Sams or nature's path Flax plus), a bit of strawberry jam (or other flavor or just some fruit) to sweeten up the plain yogurt, and some coffee. Good breakfast full of protein and good carbs I drink the coffee with like 1/3 of a pump of creamer and 1 packet of splenda or sweet and low. My work provides the coffee for free. You can assemble this in a tupperware the night before and leave the cereal in a separate tupperware and combine at work, I myself leave the box of cereal in my cubicle along with my utensils and bowl, and I either bring a little yogurt each day or bring a Greek yogurt to work and put my name on it in the fridge.

Lunch I usually make the night before at home.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:05 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,004,409 times
I rotate through a few options.

1. Fruit smoothie, with skim milk, a banana, frozen berries and a dash of protein powder.
2. A couple of scrambled eggs, only one yolk, in a tortilla with some salsa.
3. English muffin w/jam

Weekends are more elaborate and would better be called brunch. I might make blueberry pancakes, sourdough biscuits, a frittata, banana bread or something similar.

Tea or espresso are my two favorite methods of caffeine.

I get up about an hour before I have to leave the house so that I can walk the dog, make breakfast, read the news, etc.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:07 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,502,101 times
I'm tired of eggs. I've been doing well these days by nuking a turkey dog for 30 seconds, putting it on a whole wheat hot dog bun, add ketchup and go.

I have also discovered jimmy dean. They have a 4 pack of a turkey sausage pattie, egg white and cheese on a whole wheat bagel. Takes less than 2 minutes to nuke.

I should add that I have low blood sugar and pressure and things like fruit Smoothies, even with enough protein, give me a sugar rush then crash.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:14 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,004,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
I should add that I have low blood sugar and pressure and things like fruit Smoothies, even with enough protein, give me a sugar rush then crash.
That's what the 10:00 am apple and espresso is for.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:15 PM

5,328 posts, read 8,517,594 times
70% of the time, I am not hungry until I've been up for at least 2 hours. So I don't eat anything for breakfast on those days.

When I am hungry in the morning before work, I often drink a cup of kefir (liquid yogurt). Sometimes I will make a coconut milk-raspberry-banana-protein powder smoothie. Sometimes I will cook some bacon or sausage, but rarely.

And I get occasional cravings for McDonald's egg McMuffins- I generally only eat those when I have to go in for early morning meetings at work, as a way to reward myself for getting up so early.

I generally do not like eggs, and only eat them 1/2 dozen times a year (including in McMuffins).

Old 09-29-2013, 09:15 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,612,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
I don't eat breakfast before going to work. "Breakfast" consists of a couple of cups of coffee in the morning that my employer pays for.
Since I was a kid in the 60s, breakfast has been stressed as the most important meal of the day, yet people still skip it! Take a minute and eat something!

Personally, I have eaten breakfast every morning of my life. I rotate things to keep it interesting and definitely appreciate those foods that are quick to eat. Cereal (the more healthy ones), oatmeal, yogurt, fruit are all on my breakfast menu. Eggs, pancakes ect are rare, generally reserved for weekends.

A bowl of cereal with some blue berries or sliced bannana, a piece of toast with peanut butter (protein) and some coffee or orange juice is a standard breakfast.

However, there is nothing wrong with eating leftovers from the night before. The classic from my college days is cold pizza for breakfast, but a left over hamburger or piece of steak works fine as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment