Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 02:19 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,336 times

Advertisements

Hardboiled egg whites with tapatio, and/or hummus and carrot sticks. I stay away from carbs. Almonds or cashews are always good too. OR a GNC total lean shake. Protein is the way to go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 03:05 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
I'm tired of eggs. I've been doing well these days by nuking a turkey dog for 30 seconds, putting it on a whole wheat hot dog bun, add ketchup and go.

I have also discovered jimmy dean. They have a 4 pack of a turkey sausage pattie, egg white and cheese on a whole wheat bagel. Takes less than 2 minutes to nuke.

I should add that I have low blood sugar and pressure and things like fruit Smoothies, even with enough protein, give me a sugar rush then crash.
You can make fruit smoothies without sugar. I make my son fruit smoothies with:

plain yogurt
water
splenda
frozen fruit

It takes virtually no time and should not give the rush/crash that a high sugar drink would give.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:21 PM

801 posts, read 1,103,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I ate a hotdog for breakfast today. But it was 11:00 in the morning and I wasn't in the mood for crappy oatmeal.

I had a beer at 5 AM this morning. Isn't that a warning sign according to AA?
I like your style. That's the breakfast of a maverick.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:02 PM

891 posts, read 3,052,115 times
I have Greek yogurt and add blueberries and pistachios. It keeps me full until lunch

Old 10-02-2013, 06:13 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Well, last night I made up some of that refrigerator oatmel I've read about here and will see if that's something I would like to have every now and again. I do prefer having something for breakfast, even just some sort of protein will last late into the afternoon and stave off a growling stomach. On the weekends I prefer to have a sit down breakfast with eggs and sausage (or bacon or ham) with toast or pancakes. Truth be known I would really rather have some biscuits and gravy but can't justify all that fuss unless I have the kids (grown) over.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:25 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Well, last night I made up some of that refrigerator oatmel I've read about here and will see if that's something I would like to have every now and again. I do prefer having something for breakfast, even just some sort of protein will last late into the afternoon and stave off a growling stomach. On the weekends I prefer to have a sit down breakfast with eggs and sausage (or bacon or ham) with toast or pancakes. Truth be known I would really rather have some biscuits and gravy but can't justify all that fuss unless I have the kids (grown) over.
I don't know what my problem is, but I couldn't make decent gravy to save my life. I have made "okay" gravy, but never gravy like my mom made. She used to make fried potatoes and biscuits and gravy from bacon grease. Forget the biscuits - I poured that gravy on the fried potatoes. Now I'm craving some and she died in 2011. If she were still here, she'd make me some!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment