Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 07:31 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
A number of years ago I had a boss (manager) who I worked with closely and intensely. We talked 10 times a day and traveled together and worked weekends and evenings together. It was a great job except for him. He was never satisfied with my work and was always telling me I did poorly on a project. It was never anything I could put my finger on, all subjective opinions.

Eventually our relationship got so bad that I tried to get another job, but I was paid so well that it was nearly impossible to be considered for a job that would give me the same pay and employers did not want to hire someone who would get a huge pay cut.

Our relationship was so toxic that in frustration I complained to his boss. That got me no where and lots of hurt. My boss declared war on me and started to nit pick my work like crazy-even worse than before- and eventually got enough on me and fired me. He would not give me a reference and would not let anyone else give a professional reference for me either. HR told all potential employers I was FIRED and not eligible for rehire.

It took me a year to find a new job and that paid 50% of my old job and was for a poor fly by night company. My career went down hill from there and I never recovered.

Now I keep running into this terrible man in public places and our eyes meet, he frowns and keeps walking. I feel like I should tell him off next time we meet. Not doing so has made me depressed for days afterwards. He can't hurt me anymore, can he?
Give the company a Glass Door 'review.' A lot of the reviews make statements regarding the management of the company.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:34 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You're slipping again, OP. This is a rework of a previous thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...-fired-me.html
LOL I was going to post the same thing!!

I just don't get why the OP does it. Post real stories or thoughtful comments. Why be fake?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:37 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post

I just don't get why the OP does it. Post real stories or thoughtful comments. Why be fake?
An obsessive need for attention?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:41 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
Reminder: fiction belongs in the Writing forum.

Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment