Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 04:01 PM

2,757 posts, read 3,999,699 times

Advertisements

If it happens again, report her.
Until then, don't.
She should know better, but maybe she was in a reckless mood (for some reason).
Who cares what others say? Report her if it happens again.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlanynna View Post
Report her, and if she gets fired, oh well. You are right, if the shoe was on the other foot, you would be canned, her boyfriend would come brain you or worse you would be on the ground with cuffs. Maybe we will start to see a big trend of women sexual predators too. I believe in equal rights, and yours were violated;-)
I agree though I would report it conditionally if possible. Just say that you want the paper trail in case unwarranted passes continues.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:07 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDH35 View Post
Before reporting her, perhaps talking to her would be the first line of defense? If the roles were reversed and it were me, it would have been handled right then and there. Regardless, I think you should firmly tell her that it was unwanted and that you don't expect it will happen again.
I agree, the OP should have handled it "right then and there". How hard is that? I think it would be veeeeery mean spirited of the OP to report this girl.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:24 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Did you tell her that her action is unwanted and ask her to stop? If it happens again, then I'd report it.
^ This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
First. You don't say "okay" at the time and then jump online and ***** about it. You check her right there - unacceptable behavior.
^ And this.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:24 PM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
It's up to you, but if it happened to me, I would talk to the person. I can't imagine getting someone fired for grabbing my butt, seems pretty extreme to me unless I asked them to stop and they kept doing it.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:31 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I agree, the OP should have handled it "right then and there". How hard is that? I think it would be veeeeery mean spirited of the OP to report this girl.
It depends. You wouldn't want to talk about that in front of customers and who knows if he was able to actually talk to the girl to say, "I didn't appreciate that."

Old 10-09-2013, 04:32 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Go to her supervisor and report her she violated your personal space and she also commited sexual harassment . If she gets fired oh well she will know better next time . Do not let this go , she has obviously done this before and gotten away with it . Be the one who stops her . Sorry but this girl needs to learn how to act while on the job . I guarantee you if you were the one who did the butt grabing and she was the receiver she would not hesitate to report you ....

Old 10-09-2013, 04:39 PM

763 posts, read 2,604,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Go to her supervisor and report her she violated your personal space and she also commited sexual harassment . If she gets fired oh well she will know better next time . Do not let this go , she has obviously done this before and gotten away with it . Be the one who stops her . Sorry but this girl needs to learn how to act while on the job . I guarantee you if you were the one who did the butt grabing and she was the receiver she would not hesitate to report you ....
Nobody, not even the OP, knows for sure if this was a genuine grab or a accidental brush against the guy's butt. Before I start accusing someone of sexual harassment, which is a very serious charge, I would make 100% sure it actually WAS a pinch on the booty. You could very easily ruin someone's life by making this accusation, potentially causing this girl to lose her job and like you said, she's a single mother who clearly needs the job.

To OP: you sound extremely naïve and inexperienced. Don't go off half-cocked until you know the facts. If she's flirting with you and you're not interested, say "thanks, but no thanks" and LET IT GO.

It's not like she reached around and grabbed your genitals.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:46 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,067,856 times
I'd say if she isn't your supervisor and you have no reason to think this was malicious, just let it go. If she's a single mom, her day is probably 90% work and taking care of her kid and perhaps she's just awkward, doesn't get out much etc... It's not that unusual for single moms to have little opportunity outside work to get male attention if they're dedicated to taking care of their kid. They're not all like Casey Anthony thankfully.

However, if this woman has a reputation for creating drama absolutely report it.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:48 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
It sounds more like she was off balance from stepping on your shoe, put a hand out to try to steady herself, and it connected with your butt.

I know you want to protect yourself and make sure no one violates your rights, but if you report it and it turns out she was just falling (maybe there's a camera by the timeclock? ), it's going to seem like you overreacted quite a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment