Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 05:34 AM

2,633 posts, read 6,396,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
glad you are concerned for my health and sanity instead of what they could do to me.
Any time your thinking begins to revolve around a "them" or "they" that is out to get you, there are much bigger issues to tend to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 05:54 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,660,769 times
interesting. a therapist i was seeing noted i used the word "they" a lot. does this indicate a lack of assertiveness or can it indicate more serious things? if it does indicate more serious things, i can assure you ive never gone postal before. yes i often do feel threatened by others but this goes back. anyway ive never jumped from job to job because of it ive always coped (but i have a crazy cousin who did that so maybe its in out genes).

Old 10-28-2013, 05:56 AM

2,633 posts, read 6,396,652 times
Pretty indicative of paranoia and a lack of accountability.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:49 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,899,720 times
You've got bigger and more important things on your mind than a pay-your-own-way company party that you don't even want to go to.

Don't give 'em a second thought. If they keep asking you, just say that you appreciate their concern and interest but just aren't able to make it this year.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:54 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,660,769 times
i just heard that one of the other supervisors was spoken to in the same way I was--he also wasn't planning on going. So i feel better now.

this kind of thing can get very grating. our medical department has drug representatives who throw dinners at local area eateries i guess in the hopes that we will contract with them. while its a nice gimmick, it can get annoying because people are often asked to attend dinners in midtown or even downtown manhattan, and many don't like to go that far and in traffic after a hard day's work. the person who asks colleagues to go isn't the most professional and shes tacky at how she does it. if one person refuses to go, she will ask someone else to go and claim "you HAVE to go to this" and often won't say why she is forcing the issue (that the other person refused to go so she wants you to fill their shoes). meanwhile, this isn't even in our job description and the entire scene is created by the drug companies which has nothing to do with our job description. im diabetic and my sugar can drop at these times and i also suffer from panic attacks. ive yet to attend any of these dinners and i can tell that this woman is trying to get me to go "just because everybody else goes". its really a dysfunctional thing to be held responsible for something you never had to do with in the first place. this lady tries to take me to these things herself but she has a history of auto accidents and perhaps even driving under the influence of painkillers and theres no way i will ever be a passenger in her car.

these things are even worse than the holiday parties. i just can't stand office events that are uncontrolled and managed unprofessionally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment