Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 05:11 PM

15 posts, read 46,512 times

Advertisements

I was reading a blog and came across a true story about a young woman who interned and later worked (for two years) at Pricewaterhousecooopers as an auditor. Many people who work in accounting/audting would love to have such a position, but this woman didn't think anything of her opportunity, co-workers or the management staff.

She drafted one heck of a crazy rant/resignation letter and submitted it to her organization. See below. Do you think she will ever get hired again by any corporation or organization? If I was an employer, I wouldn't hire her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-hashtags.html

Meet Glory, The Woman Who Wrote The Most Epic, Beyonce-Inspired

Quote:
Date: 11/06/2013 10:44 AM

Subject: Farewell and QUEEN BEY ALL DAY!

Hello XXXXXX Team,

After careful consideration, I will be ending my employment with PwC effective Monday, November 11th.

I’ve done two audit internships, one at Deloitte and one at PwC. I hated it then but I thought I’d give it a third try. Third time’s a charm right? GTFOH(If you don’t know what it means Google it!) Basically, my time here as an associate has confirmed everything I already knew ten times over. Auditing is a job for people who truly don’t have any other options and don’t know what else they could be doing. You work day in and day out pulling useless documentation and filling out useless workpapers that won’t really benefit anybody. All of it is BS! After asking dozens upon dozens of auditors what they think of their jobs and getting responses that include “I love my job!” or “I wouldn’t trade it for the world,” I realized just how fake auditors can be.

I strongly believe that auditors hate their lives and try to rationalize every piece of it. “Oh it’s just busy season” or “If everybody did the jobs they loved to do then there would be nobody doing the jobs that need to be done.” Measley excuses to justify pursuing a useless, meaningless career….

Here are some tips and pointers I thought I’d share for all of you to use through out life, you’ll need it. I also throw some tips in there that you can take back to the next XXXXXX Team Meeting or just any meeting where real people’s suggestions can be heard. Maybe a board meeting of some sort with some really important partners, because they’re so important right? (side eye)

I figure I would use the assistance of Twitter hashtags….y’all like those right?

Auditing is for the birds, get a real career that has meaning #dontbeFAKEaboutitbeABOUTit
Those coach and partner “relationships” or “meetings”….whatever you want to call them….Just stop. #thatishissoawkward #icantdeal #soforced #fakeconvosforfakeauditors #noidontwanttogazeintoyoureyesatatablefortwo #waytoointimateformytaste

Let’s keep it real, partners are treated as if they’re royalty. The reality is, THEY’RE NOT! They are average Joe’s like you and I, only their pockets are a little bigger. So, there is no need to wait at the partner’s feet acting like you’ll do any and everything to please them. For what? No need to come in early just to greet the partner on the job. No need to act like you’re such an overachiever by doing all of these unnecessary things. If you’re an overachiever, be a real one..not a phony. No need to wait until the partner leaves during busy season only to leave 20 minutes later. Your time is just as valuable, are the partners God? I don’t think so…#don’tbeasellout #thepartnerisgoinghometoeathisorherwarmsupper #whileyouarefakeauditng #weallknownooneisproductiveafterabout7pm #gohomeandcuddleupwithyourkids #ohandspousestoo #isntthatwhatthepartnersaredoing? #ohwellsIdigress
Trying to get all in people’s business…STOP!

Everybody isn’t an open book and I’m not the type to give you my life story within five minutes as a lot of you in public accounting do. #mindyourbusiness #keepthosenoseyquestionstoyourself #noneofyourbeeswax
XXXXXX, you’re fake important and you stink. I’ve peeped your game…constantly trying to throw me under the bus. You talk too much about everyone and how much you’re so stressed out on all of your clients …everyday we suffer from hearing this ish as well as listening to your countless stories about your girlfriend. You’re such a gossiper that sometimes I think you’re more feminine then you appear. Who does that? You’re a grown man, get your life! #somethingtotakebacktomizzy #f*outtahere #yourlifesucksandyouclearlyknowit #somethingtotakebacktotheteam? #chattycathy #femininemuch? #someoneneedstheirvagwaxed #ohwaityoudonthaveone

P.s. XXXXXX, I can give two ****s about your animals, maids, brother, etc. Is your life really that boring? Never seen people so in love with animals in life. #ewwnotcomingovertoyourplace #probsmellslikefecesandthrowup #couchesprobtornup #ohletmeguesstheysleepinyourbed #absolutelydisgusting | Get some friends to tell your business to. #ohwaitdrakesaidnonewfriends #maybeyouneedjesusinstead #yourvisionofyourselfisskewed #takeyourselfdownacoupleofnotches #youhavenotarrivedimsorry #crownforthequeenbey #ohandbythewaycelinedioncannottouchbey #beyhivebitches
XXXXXX, I saw you yesterday giving me the side eye. I think those eyeballs need some readjusting. Girl, stop! Don’t play into XXXXXX’s episodes. Just because both of you feel the need to give your whole life story doesn’t mean other people will feel that way. Have your own opinions and ideas. #I’msorrybutnotsorry #dontbeafollower #thoseeyeballswerestaringtoohardforcomfort #goodluckonyourmiserablecrapofacareeratpwc #saygoodbyetoyoursociallife #butifyoudecidetoleaveyoucantwerkoutwiththerestofu s #twerkmileymileytwerk

where do I start? You hate yourself and your job, let’s be honest. Your cat doesn’t care about you so stop caring about it. Stories about your nasty cat are unbearable. Seriously, I can’t even deal. Beyond gross! You’re fake ratchet! I hear you giving weird remarks that are borderline weird….I can definitely hear the twang in your voice. Just be you! Most of all, these are the top 10 reasons Baddie Bey(Beyonce) will kill Britney Spears (she’s a has been) any day.

Beyonce can sing and dance live without lip singing and do it well. She doesn’t need autotune or a background track to make her the Queen. All she needs is a mic, some heels, and her fabulous Brazilian and Malaysian wig to swing around. Can’t say the same for Britt. Sorry girl!
Beyonce has much more class.

Beyonce’s music transcends culture. Britt….uh….well, that stopped a few world tours ago.
Beyonce has continued to get better and better over time. Her vocals are stronger than ever. Not to mention, after popping out Baby Blue she was back at it. She didn’t get all washed up and boring like Britt did.

Beyonce is on some presidential ish. Didn’t you watch President Obama and First Lady Michelle’s first dance? Or the inauguration performance? Haven’t you kept up with the Let’s Move campaign (Bey and First Lady Michelle’s initiative to solve the epidemic of childhood obesity? ) Well, Bey has been on! Britt has stayed in the shadows. #sorrybutnotsorry #getyourlife

Beyonce killed the Superbowl half time show solo dolo. Britt and NSYNC did that back in the 90s…but that was the 90s…and she wasn’t solo dolo…so Bey wins!

Beyonce can dance her butt off. She has rythym. Britt used to be able to …but she is stiff now. I’m sorry..

Beyonce has stage presence. I don’t think you know what that is but you can Google it. It’s basically something Britt doesn’t have.

Beyonce is the QUEEN. She is the best performer alive. Bottom line, no gimmicks!

Beyonce wins and now that I’m out of here, I win too!!! #doingtheharlemshakeasitype

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS2mQEybFCM

Last edited by Spring_Forward2213; 11-20-2013 at 05:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 05:23 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,957,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_Forward2213 View Post
I was reading a blog and came across a true story about a young woman who interned and later worked (for two years) at Pricewaterhousecooopers as an auditor. Many people who work in accounting/audting would love to have such a position, but this woman didn't think anything of her opportunity, co-workers or the management staff.

She drafted one heck of a crazy rant/resignation letter and submitted it to her organization. See below. Do you think she will ever get hired again by any corporation or organization? If I was an employer, I wouldn't hire her.

Meet Glory, The Woman Who Wrote The Most Epic, Beyonce-Inspired

Wow.

Unfortunately, after working as an auditor myself, I basically agree with some of the first part. How that devolved into all that twitter tagging nonsense, I don't know.

Auditing is not a fun job. It's a lot of long hours and paper pushing. It won't fulfill most people and the only real point in doing it is to make a lot of money. At least that's my opinion.

That woman will probably be able to get another job in a different line of work. That letter makes her seem a little nuts, so I probably wouldn't hire her, even though I can certainly appreciate her annoyance with the meaninglessness of auditing and the fake people you encounter in that line of work. Too bad she went so far off the deep end.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:33 PM

570 posts, read 1,725,024 times
Better than people who copy and paste some their resignation letter from some where else.
The copy and paste work looks more professional, but I would rather get an original one, good or bad.

And many of her opinions are not completely wrong.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:51 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,820,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlesseden View Post
And many of her opinions are not completely wrong.
Yeah, I can see where she's coming from on some of her points. However, after reading all of the twitter tags and crap about Beyonce/Britney Spears, she just comes across as a moronic brat. She gives today's 20-somethings a bad name.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:52 PM

505 posts, read 936,235 times
I saw this one on on goingconcern.com a couple weeks ago. She's just nuts to start naming names, though. Otherwise, it was just good old fashioned train-wreck style entertainment.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 PM

2,845 posts, read 5,991,042 times
LMAO!

"#someoneneedstheirvagwaxed #ohwaityoudonthaveone"

I died at this part :P

Sounds like it's best she does move to a new line of work.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:21 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,889,312 times
Immature. Never say what you REALLY want to say in a resignation letter or an exit interview.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:26 PM

17,574 posts, read 45,989,151 times
She clearly has no intention of working in that field again. It was entertaining.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:30 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,645,672 times
Wow. I understand being upset about a job. Talk about burning bridges, I reference, her name is everywhere, crazy.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:00 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,820,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbelle View Post
Never say what you REALLY want to say in a resignation letter or an exit interview.
Yep, it's best to be a typical cowardly yes-man type with a fake smile from the initial interview before you are hired all the way until the resignation. If you dare speak your mind ever or show any kind of emotion besides a bland, false cheeriness, the boogie man might get you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment