Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:32 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggumbo View Post
They wanted me to find a job that would allow me to still live at home.

Oh no! This is best for you. Really!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 12:53 PM
mcq

337 posts, read 672,818 times
Congrats and good luck! I hope to be in the same situation some day soon. I can understand about the parents. When you're very close with a parent, that's the way it is. My mom would be sad to see me go (not mad), but she would understand it's for the best. I would be teaching her how to video chat. lol

Old 11-22-2013, 12:59 PM

533 posts, read 1,112,356 times
Thanks everyone, the advice along the way on this website has definitely been a lifesaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
That's great, what state is it? Just curious?
It's in the Florida panhandle! I know it's not the best location (it's no Chicago or San Diego), but it's a metro area and the cost of living is very low, so I'll be able to save a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Congratulations. Do you have to move far?
It will be about a 14 hour drive, though it's still technically in the same geographical region (southeast) as the state I currently live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh no! This is best for you. Really!!!
Haha, I'd have to agree! I'm really excited! It's funny because I had a gut feeling that I'd get the job, which I haven't had with any of the other jobs I've applied for.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:10 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone, the advice along the way on this website has definitely been a lifesaver!

It's in the Florida panhandle! I know it's not the best location (it's no Chicago or San Diego), but it's a metro area and the cost of living is very low, so I'll be able to save a lot.

It will be about a 14 hour drive, though it's still technically in the same geographical region (southeast) as the state I currently live in.

Haha, I'd have to agree! I'm really excited! It's funny because I had a gut feeling that I'd get the job, which I haven't had with any of the other jobs I've applied for.
Congrats!

You will love the FL panhandle. The weather is awesome and it's pretty cheap to live. And no state income taxes!

You'll have to see if there are any cheap flights so you can go visit your parents - and vice versa. Is that 14 hrs one way? That's pretty darn long to drive. Allegiant Airlines has a lot of cheaper flights into mid-size FL cities. Hopefully you'll find a nearby airport where they go directly to your former hometown

Old 11-22-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Congrats!

You will love the FL panhandle. The weather is awesome and it's pretty cheap to live. And no state income taxes!

You'll have to see if there are any cheap flights so you can go visit your parents - and vice versa. Is that 14 hrs one way? That's pretty darn long to drive. Allegiant Airlines has a lot of cheaper flights into mid-size FL cities. Hopefully you'll find a nearby airport where they go directly to your former hometown
Thanks! I actually graduated from college in Tallahassee (FSU!) so I'm somewhat familiar with the panhandle, I do love the Gulf Coast though so I'm excited to be closer to that. And yeah, it's 14 hours one way which is far but I grew up doing road trips and traveling long distances to visit family so I'm kind of excited for the drive down there, haha.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:33 PM

29,818 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Excellent news

Old 11-22-2013, 04:44 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
Congrats!! I knew you would find something.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Excellent news
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Congrats!! I knew you would find something.
Ahhhhhh thank you! I feel SO relieved. I can finally relax a little bit!

Old 11-22-2013, 06:32 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,898,900 times
Well done! Wishing you happiness and years of success.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:54 PM

872 posts, read 1,263,115 times
Quote:
They wanted me to find a job that would allow me to still live at home.

They'll get over it in a couple days, lol.

It's not my "dream job" but it's definitely a great entry level position for a college grad. I'm looking forward to working with the company because they have been so accommodating over the last few weeks of the interviewing process and offered me a salary on the higher end of the range they stated for the position.
That's really great! Congratulations They'll get over it once you take them out to dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment