Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 09:34 PM

615 posts, read 1,382,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraA233 View Post
Both, I didn't really get a warning before this and I don't think companies need to give a certain number. I was totally surprised. Mainly because the reason I fell behind was because of her giving me other things to do, things that she wanted done right away. She is very inconsistent with what she wants. She will have me start one thing and then pull me away to do something else in the middle.

And the letter says "final warning"
So it is your first and final warning. It sounds like she has already made up her mind and is going to give you DAS BOOT!

The paperwork is likely just a formality to follow company policy in order to prevent potential wrongful termination lawsuits.

Start looking for a new job NOW!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 09:40 PM

63 posts, read 227,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago87 View Post
So it is your first and final warning. It sounds like she has already made up her mind and is going to give you DAS BOOT!

The paperwork is likely just a formality to follow company policy in order to prevent potential wrongful termination lawsuits.

Start looking for a new job NOW!!

Ugh troll

Old 12-03-2013, 09:42 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,242,310 times
Smile Job requirement or not....

Quote:
By not a job requirement, I should have said not in my job description and my boss is the one that asked me to do that task. I didn't have to but I did it to show I'm a team player.
If your boss asked you to do X and it's not in your normal job duties, do it anyway. Never back talk her.

If she does work those insane hours and you start coming in early, ready to work at X time and then leaving 15-20 minutes after your work time, trust me, she will notice.

Just do it quietly. She is most likely stressed herself and after a week or so, you may notice things you can do to HELP her (in a very quiet way).

And like someone else, she communicates at least - at least you know what is expected.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
when they ask for volunteers for extra work they are not excusing u from monthly deadlines.
when u r sick, they are not excusing us from monthly deadlines
when your kid wants you to attend your kids play, the are letting u off for the event with the understanding that u wont miss any of your deadlines.
get it?

Old 12-03-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
If your boss asked you to do X and it's not in your normal job duties, do it anyway. Never back talk her.

If she does work those insane hours and you start coming in early, ready to work at X time and then leaving 15-20 minutes after your work time, trust me, she will notice.

Just do it quietly. She is most likely stressed herself and after a week or so, you may notice things you can do to HELP her (in a very quiet way).

And like someone else, she communicates at least - at least you know what is expected.
This is great advice. Thank you

Old 12-03-2013, 10:06 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,399,291 times
Quote:
Both, I didn't really get a warning before this and I don't think companies need to give a certain number. I was totally surprised. Mainly because the reason I fell behind was because of her giving me other things to do, things that she wanted done right away. She is very inconsistent with what she wants. She will have me start one thing and then pull me away to do something else in the middle.

And the letter says "final warning"
OK. She's expecting more from you than what you're delivering. That's the long and short of it - it's up to you to decide if you want to put in the hours it's going to take to meet her expectations.

I've worked for some ridiculously demanding bosses in my life, all of which made me better for it.

The "attendance" part of the warning definitely needs some attention

Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Start looking for a new job. At this point you are already fired and they are just dotting the i's and crossing the t's.
I agree, unfortunately. Once you get a bad mark, its really hard to remove. Regardless if it was deserved or not.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:23 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
this website is a great resource for work-related issues -

Ask a Manager

Old 12-03-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I agree, unfortunately. Once you get a bad mark, its really hard to remove. Regardless if it was deserved or not.
Im certainly going to try. Or maybe I should save my dignity and quit?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:30 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Meh, I've worked at places where I've received "the talk". So did everyone else where. Just another management strategy to make the worker bees nervous, on edge, and more productive. Not saying you shouldn't be worried, but just saying...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment