Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times

Advertisements

First of all, if anyone is even thinking of checking out the site, don't. Don't even venture into that extortionist side of the internet, because nothing good can come of it.

Second, read up on the website. It's a shakedown scam. Contact is initiated via Craigslist or that sort of venue where people go to find some company. A person is lured into contacting some other person (who might work for the website) via mobile device, maybe sends some texts and (hopefully) a picture, and then *BAM*! They are suddenly listed on the website as a john. Maybe some people get there legitimately, but the fact that the website (and others like it) make it easy to register a "john", then offer to de-list the john for a hefty fee, pretty much destroys any shred of credibility that they might have had.

The OP is either advertising for the site, or needs to put on the critical thinking cap before acting on something just because it exists on the internet. The internet is full of garbage.

Last edited by 43north87west; 02-13-2014 at 09:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 09:22 PM

313 posts, read 496,805 times
I can't believe a site like that actually exists. It gives no accountability. I'd take the job if I were you, you have no idea if that man actually is a john or not.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:35 PM

358 posts, read 512,100 times
would you work for someone who has their number on exposingjohns.com?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane was walking again View Post
a small business owner called me asking if i want to work. i told them yes, but after i finished talking to them i googled their phone number, and it ended up on exposingjohns.com.
I would because it wouldn't occur to me to look for something like that.

Or care to.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:42 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,096,767 times
I am in the camp of could care less. Now if it were to get in the way of work I might have a problem but with the internet so much information is public and it is so easy to find information on yourself and other people. Pretty crazy if you ask me. The fine line of your personal and professional life is getting harder to define with all the social media. I'm also a believer of taking action for your life and what you do.

Charlie.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:54 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
How do you know the information you found was even accurate or true?
Exactly, and something doesn't add up with this thread.

Why would the business phone number show up, and why would the OP Google the phone number to begin with? If you went to an interview you already have the phone number.

Did the OP maybe Google the owner's name?

Old 02-14-2014, 12:04 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,283 times
Someone that can't mind their own business is more pathetic than someone that pays for sex from another consenting adult IMO. You don't deserve a job, as you most likely will only cause problems in the workplace.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:20 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,326 times
If you won´t work for someone who pays for sex you probably won´t want to work for any major corporations. People with power and money buy sex. It´s safer than having mistresses and they can afford it, And anyways what good is power and money otherwise?

Old 02-14-2014, 07:06 AM

836 posts, read 1,661,436 times
All workers are prostitutes.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:09 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Based upon the information shown here and the internet in general, anyone can make outrageous claims about anyone else, effectively slandering them and trashing their reputation online. There's no verification and people are simply assumed guilty until proven innocent (which is often impossible to do.)

Unless you have some definite, real-life proof that the person in question behaves in a fashion that would making working for them difficult - such as hitting on female coworkers, etc. - I wouldn't worry about it. Anyone can post whatever nonsense they want online, and scams are everywhere.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:00 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,900,362 times
I never heard of the website, but couldn't care less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment