Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 11:53 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
That's not my point, and you are incorrect. You only have to show ID at other stores when you don't bring a receipt, at BB everyone returning is treated like a scammer. I asked why and she said with a cold face to prevent fraud. Not even Walmart pulls that shiate.

Hell now I know why I spend almost all my money at Costco.......because they know how to treat customers and employees. They know that myself and others may return a few extra....................but we buy way more than return..........a net gain...........maybe BB management needs mentoring by Costco, or Amazon since they are gonna wipe them off the map.
Just show your drivers license and everything is fine. We'll just agree to disagree then. I agree Costco is a good alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 05:19 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,477,031 times
To quote something from an article I read about BB last year about how they were tops on the list of companies to go under in 2014, "have you ever gone to BB and not been irritated about something by the time you left?".

The last two times I actually bought something there sucked the life out of me. First time I went in to buy a Kindle, which I thought would be an easy straight forward purchase. Was told that the store in question had 5 of them in stock (was flying out of town and wanted one ASAP). Spent over an hour in the store finding someone to help me and trying to find their hidden stock of Kindles in the warehouse. Learned my lesson, shop at Amazon next time. Second time last week went in to buy a simple computer bag. I was the second person in line and it still took me almost 15 minutes to get run up. Even Wal-Mart is faster than this on a busy day.

I'm lucky, live in a town with a couple of Fry's Electronics. So if I want to see something in person, find a sales person that knows what they are doing, have a deep stock to choose from and pay a good price I'm only 30 minutes away.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:49 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,824,632 times
Almost bought a $4,000 fridge from Best Buys. They are literally $500 cheaper than Lowe's, Home Depot, etc for the same model. They tell me "The SOONEST we can deliver it is 30 days from now."

Find it on Amazon for only $150 more and get it delivered in 5 days. No brainer.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:33 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,796,410 times
Why did Best But hire and retain all these managers in the past if they were unneeded? I never understand layoffs, if the person was hired and utilized for years- then terminated- why did the organization ever hire them? A good company operates at minimum staffing and does not have any unneeded staff.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:22 AM

600 posts, read 659,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Unfortunately, it's not required for something important like voting.

perhaps you need to learn distinction between something being important vs something being a right enshrined in the constitution

and not nearly as qualified as the 2nd amendment, which i'm sure you advocate endlessly...

Old 02-28-2014, 07:39 AM

333 posts, read 386,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoma11 View Post
yeah, not surprising. Best buy sucks. I remember back in the day when i used to shop there a lot, but then they jacked up their prices and their sales sucked.

They'll go the way of Circuit city, Compusa soon enough
Best Buy seems to have good sales with movies and video games. That is what I mostly get there nowadays. I have found better deals there then Amazon at times when it comes to some movies. Sometimes the prices match between Best Buy and Amazing; however, I save money since I don't need to pay for shipping.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:57 AM

1,667 posts, read 9,382,489 times
Best Buy had unbelievable service when they started and ran other electronics stores out of business. Now that they've made their mark, they don't need to impress people with one manager for every customer anymore. However, I've had my laptop fixed by one of their geeks in less than five minutes, and every employee I've met knows everything. Even though their market strategy has caught thousands of managers off-guard, and may be ethically questionable, I buy everything electronic from them. It's one-stop shopping!

Old 02-28-2014, 09:33 AM

333 posts, read 386,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFP View Post
Best Buy had unbelievable service when they started and ran other electronics stores out of business. Now that they've made their mark, they don't need to impress people with one manager for every customer anymore. However, I've had my laptop fixed by one of their geeks in less than five minutes, and every employee I've met knows everything. Even though their market strategy has caught thousands of managers off-guard, and may be ethically questionable, I buy everything electronic from them. It's one-stop shopping!
I think it varies from best buy to best buy. A good example is the best buy that is near me. I got a game that said it was on sale, but it didn't ring up with the discount. I mention it, and we went over and checked the price and that was that. The clerk added the discount, and we were done. Now I've seen other stores and best buys have to call their manager to make sure, and then talk about it, and waste time. I understand if they were offering a 2 grand discount, but a $25 discount for a lesser known game would have been ridiculous to drag out.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:17 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,035,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
Maybe if BB would stop jacking prices up and go back to how they were in their infancy, when prices were good, they'd be able to not fire 1000s of people. Just another reason not to shop there.

Yeah you are right, they wouldn't have to let go of thousands. They could let go of tens of thousands when they go out of business because they had way less money than now. I'm sending them a "suggestion" as we speak.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:25 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Key point here is that more jobs are lost... and we're not even talking anymore about high-end, white-collar jobs anymore. The downward trend continues...

As for Best Buy, they're okay, but that's not enough these days, I supposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment