Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 10:33 PM

832 posts, read 1,417,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
So when you're approached by a beggar, do you belittle him before telling him to buzz off?
Of course not. It's only when he approaches my car at the same time twice a day, or he and 4 others approach my car at once, that I start to get mean.

Okay. That and if I see him swap off his "I'm ugly but I still need to eat" sign with the next dude who suddenly has a bent ankle... I tend to not be nice.

Like I said... I understand. Perhaps this woman had 100 kids a day asking for her permission to spam her contacts. If that's the case, I understand why she'd get angry and fire off a nastygram.

In a perfect world, she'd have a nice decline letter prepared to send out.

But she lost her cool. Apparently at least a couple times. I don't know. I don't know what was in the notes to make her snap. Perhaps text talk? I find that disgusting to encounter in a professional e-mail and I'd be really hard pressed to remind myself not to tell them exactly "wut i thk of da ltr".

Or... she's just a beyotch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 11:35 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Does anyone feel that both women were seriously out of line? That is my opinion upon first reading this.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:45 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Does anyone feel that both women were seriously out of line? That is my opinion upon first reading this.
Honestly I don't think one should take abuse from people in power lying down, so no. Outing her nonsense was spot on.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:46 AM

696 posts, read 906,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
One should only post, if anything, bland corporate speak, and article retweets on Linked In. Potential employers will view anything else as a sign of a drama king / queen or someone with extremely poor judgement.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:04 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee18 View Post
She could have been a little nicer in her rejection, but I can understand her frustration, I really hate getting requests from people that I have never met and with no explanation of why they've added me.
When I used LinkedIn's iPad app, I started noticing I was getting added by people I didn't know. The kicker was, they were responding to requests I had "sent". Trouble is, I never sent them. I went on LinkedIn's support forums for help, and lo and behold,there were a lot of other users complaining about the same thing and being told they didn't know how to use the service. Since the app was so awful I rarely used it, so it eventually became clear that the unsolicited connection requests correlated to times I used the app. I deleted the app and have not had this problem since.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:53 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
Of course not. It's only when he approaches my car at the same time twice a day, or he and 4 others approach my car at once, that I start to get mean.

Okay. That and if I see him swap off his "I'm ugly but I still need to eat" sign with the next dude who suddenly has a bent ankle... I tend to not be nice.

Like I said... I understand. Perhaps this woman had 100 kids a day asking for her permission to spam her contacts. If that's the case, I understand why she'd get angry and fire off a nastygram.

But she lost her cool. Apparently at least a couple times. I don't know. I don't know what was in the notes to make her snap. Perhaps text talk? I find that disgusting to encounter in a professional e-mail and I'd be really hard pressed to remind myself not to tell them exactly "wut i thk of da ltr".

Well it's your right to be nasty to people. But if your nasty to be don't expect people to say nice things back, or people to have good opinions of you when your actions come to light. And if that is how people act they should have no expectation that their behavior remain private or that people won't point out their behavior for what it is nasty, unprofessional and petty.
She deserves the reaction, she is getting.

Last edited by jdm2008; 03-03-2014 at 08:10 AM..

Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post

I hear ya.
But the woman in question manages a job bank -- she should be expecting to field alot of requests, shouldn't she?
And this is not an isolated incident with her.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:19 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,736,406 times
LinkEd In is only as good as the people who use it. I have found it very useful for contacting people in businesses I'm trying to reach but I only accept one invitation in five.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:16 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times
Linkedin is a valuable communication tool. It is best to ignore an invitation if you are not interested. This woman was abusive and arrogant. I hope she gets what she deserves.

When I was young, I visited a director about a potential position that an H.R rep told me about. The director was so nasty and called H.R to complain in my presence. I recall being so embarrassed and confused. I do not understand why she reacted like that. I did not bother to apply for the job.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:22 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Defiantly a poor response that damages her reputation, Though she apologized it's still going to be part of internet history. Think before you write/post anything online. Easy to remember but often not executed by many.
And this young lady will also be forever known as the one who will drag your name through the mud if she disagrees with you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Honestly I don't think one should take abuse from people in power lying down, so no. Outing her nonsense was spot on.
She could have left her name out of it. Everybody praises the whistle-blower until the whistle-blower tries to work for your organization. The woman in question was out of line, sure, but the young lady did not act in a professional manner, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment