Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 08:33 AM

69 posts, read 66,335 times

Advertisements

How can I get the BIG fortune 500(or 1000) company's list(or web sites address) located around my area, in my living State and neighbor states e.g. VA/MD/DC/Delaware/NJ/NC?
(reason for asking is I would like to apply those company directly via their career section in company web sites)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 08:53 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,829,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2014_hi_there View Post
How can I get the BIG fortune 500(or 1000) company's list(or web sites address) located around my area, in my living State and neighbor states e.g. VA/MD/DC/Delaware/NJ/NC?
(reason for asking is I would like to apply those company directly via their career section in company web sites)

Go to said website. Every website has a careers section at the bottom. Click on careers and search for a job in the areas you are willing to work.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Go to said website. Every website has a careers section at the bottom. Click on careers and search for a job in the areas you are willing to work.
LOL,
My question is how to get(know) the 'said websites'??

Old 03-14-2014, 05:49 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,854,619 times
Google.

Start by searching the actual Fortune 1000 list and go from there.

Last edited by RoadWarrior12; 03-14-2014 at 06:13 PM..

Old 03-14-2014, 06:00 PM

64 posts, read 84,244 times
Don't hate me - I had to do it.

Let me google that for you

Old 03-14-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestioner View Post
Don't hate me - I had to do it.

Let me google that for you
LOL
I know HOW TO USE GOOGLE...HA HA HA

Old 03-14-2014, 08:09 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,854,619 times
Quote:
LOL
I know HOW TO USE GOOGLE...HA HA HA
Sorry, but if you actually knew how to use google, you wouldn't have to ask how to find this type of information.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
Sorry, but if you actually knew how to use google, you wouldn't have to ask how to find this type of information.
I can ask whatever I want to ask....LOL

Old 03-19-2014, 08:09 PM

856 posts, read 1,051,495 times
Exclamation It's Called Reference USA, Duh.

Quote:

Guy 2014...

Okay, I can see no one here knows so here is the answer:

The reference you seek is called ReferenceUSA.

We used to use expensive Dun & Bradstreet reference books that cost a mint but today all you need is RefUSA.

You can look up companies by Geographical preferences, size in Yearly Sales, Employee size and by SIC and/or NAICS codes.

SIC and NAICS codes are codes assigned to entire industries in terms of their area of specialty.

Manufacturers of plastics; of metals, of textiles, of glass products, wood products, for example.

This book is at your library but you don't want to use it in its physical condition, you want to use it online.

Your library must have access privileges for you to be able to use it.

Your library card/card number gets you into the site.

If your library does not have access (just call and ask them, they will tell you either way), then find another library within driving distance that does. You will need to have a library card from them which you then use to access the system.

So there's no confusion when you go online:

You enter ReferenceUSA via your library website, not by going to ReferenceUSA.

Look for 'databases' and you will find it.

YOU'RE WELCOME, LOL!

Paul

Old 03-19-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadhunterPaul View Post
Guy 2014...

Okay, I can see no one here knows so here is the answer:

The reference you seek is called ReferenceUSA.

We used to use expensive Dun & Bradstreet reference books that cost a mint but today all you need is RefUSA.

You can look up companies by Geographical preferences, size in Yearly Sales, Employee size and by SIC and/or NAICS codes.

SIC and NAICS codes are codes assigned to entire industries in terms of their area of specialty.

Manufacturers of plastics; of metals, of textiles, of glass products, wood products, for example.

This book is at your library but you don't want to use it in its physical condition, you want to use it online.

Your library must have access privileges for you to be able to use it.

Your library card/card number gets you into the site.

If your library does not have access (just call and ask them, they will tell you either way), then find another library within driving distance that does. You will need to have a library card from them which you then use to access the system.

So there's no confusion when you go online:

You enter ReferenceUSA via your library website, not by going to ReferenceUSA.

Look for 'databases' and you will find it.

YOU'RE WELCOME, LOL!

Paul

This is exactly what I have been looking for!!!
You the MAN!!!

Thanks a LOT!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment