Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 05:27 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,303,677 times

Advertisements

As a believer, first and foremost, in the dignity of the independent individual, I don't argue against the thinly-veiled fascism called Political Correctness, only to see it sabotaged by senseless Korporate Konformity, all of it to please the last psychosexual hang-up of some oversheltered, suburbanite metrosexual twerp with a few extra dollars to spend.

Entrepreneurship made our nation great; but there comes a time when common sense is increasingly crowded out by an attempt to accommodate the foibles of some nameless, faceless customer who, increasingly, resembles the stereotypes were told not to sink to in the conduct of our personal lives.

Clearly, the rule of reason is eroding at both ends of the spectrum of human conduct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 05:32 PM

221 posts, read 334,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhayatox View Post
Uniqlo.
Looked over the website and wares...what caught me was the 'east and west coast' locations. I guess anything flyover is not sophisticated enough to be mesmerized into opening the wallet by a vapid automaton. Oh well, I guess it's a paycheck, right? Just balance the company demands of what costume to wear with actual pay to assure you're coming out ahead sufficiently for the time being.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:54 PM

7,917 posts, read 7,785,289 times
It could be worse...MUCH worse. Read the book Corporate Cults and tell me if it gets even close.

Heck it could be like EST back in the day and not let you use the bathroom for 16 hours...

Old 03-16-2014, 06:00 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,946,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post

As a believer, first and foremost, in the dignity of the independent individual

That should include being independent from an employer's payroll account.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:00 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,602,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
With your attitude you won't last long anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
How about you actually work there before you start complaining about the place? Going in with the atitude you have, you will not last long because everything is already a negative with you.
Really. It's too bad that some companies have had to resort to coming up with "robotic" demands of their employees. People who actually find other people interesting don't have to "fake" being nice ...

Old 03-16-2014, 07:11 PM

12,718 posts, read 14,899,145 times
Unless you're born rich, you, just like most of us NEED a job to make a living. I'd look at it as easy money. Regarding your uniform, I'd wash them in cold water with Woolite. That will make the color last as long as possible.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:56 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,303,677 times
Quote:
As a believer, first and foremost, in the dignity of the independent individual,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
That should include being independent from an employer's payroll account.
At this point in time, with employers free to "throw their weight" in any direction, so long as not specifically excluded by law, (but recently, executive order or regulatory fiat as well) individuality in the workplace is under attack as never before.

I'll bet you'll be the first to whine when Mr. Obama and his entourage of hacks and cronies throw some of their weight in your direction.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,946,071 times
Quote:
At this point in time, with employers free to "throw their weight" in any direction, so long as not specifically excluded by law, (but recently, executive order or regulatory fiat as well) individuality in the workplace is under attack as never before.
Individuality should not be the concern of the employer. As long as they spend THEIR money, they should set all the rules regarding expectations. I'd suggest the non-conformists set up competing businesses to run against those employers, and prove their business model superior.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:43 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,195,010 times
Join the military... you will learn some new phrases, work ethic, and toughen you up.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:41 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,911,344 times
You can be an individual when not on the clock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment