Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 01:06 PM

107 posts, read 122,390 times

Advertisements

Case management is similar to coding but around here case management nurses are in high demand by hospitals due to the increasing government regulations. My wife worked both. But, they may require a RN for case management. If your going into the medial field, eventually you'll need to become a RN even if you don't plan on working in patient care. Around here, a bachelors degree is almost mandatory for RN's. One of my daughter-in-laws is finishing up her degree program this spring. Because of the aging population, nurses are in prime demand. Sure there are exceptions, but don't nibble around the edges if you want to work in the medical field. Become a nurse. You can get a job no matter where you eventually move to. And if your energetic, there's promotional opportunity leading to even better pay. You also may be able to access some of the grants or educational loans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 04:25 PM

133 posts, read 484,401 times
[quote=I_Love_LI_but;34002192]"It's going to be offshored eventually ...?"

SURPRISE! It already has ... bigtime ... and the Indians and everybody else in the world already knows ICD-10 ahead of the Americans who are on ICD-9 until Oct. 2014." quote]

Excuse me. I suppose I should have clarified the fact a bit more that not all coding is offshored yet, but it's going that way. Those of us in the medical clerical field are well aware of that fact and have been for years. I simply wanted to offer advice to look elsewhere to so many people who naively believe that coding is going to be a magical answer to a job.

Last edited by Scarlett O'Hara; 03-23-2014 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: addendum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment