Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 05:49 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,491 times

Advertisements

Is boss man condescending and rude or do the two of you just not have anything in common? Big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 06:52 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
all bosses are total jerk, question is, does it pay good and does the check bounce?

Old 03-24-2014, 07:04 PM

69 posts, read 66,335 times
If boss is JERK and piece of Axxx hxxxx, then you should not join that company.
As long as boss is bad, you can't be HAPPY. Refuse second interview.

Some boss is good and generous
but some boss is like KID, immature, he thinks he is a GOD, but I think he is piece of ****!!

Old 03-24-2014, 08:19 PM

3,167 posts, read 3,999,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
The OP publishes many made up posts, I doubt they had an interview.
Maybe the OP alters the truth to hide his identity, and give a situation that is parallel but not quite the real story. Doesn't anyone else do that? I know I do. I want to present my real problem, but not the actual details, so I change some things that won't really matter as far as the usefulness of the responses. Anyway, maybe the OP just makes stuff up, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Definitely go for the second interview, at least. Maybe the boss will look better the same time around, or maybe he was just having a bad day. You can't really know you hate someone the moment you lock eyes on them. Books, covers, and all that.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:50 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,795,292 times
The potential boss who had the terrible personality told me that he would work very closely with me and would interact 3-4 times a day. I would be part of a team of three Operations professionals.

When I look back at my history the main thing that stands out is most of my career troubles did not relate to lack of skills, education or talent, but instead a poor connection to my boss.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:55 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
The potential boss who had the terrible personality told me that he would work very closely with me and would interact 3-4 times a day. I would be part of a team of three Operations professionals.

When I look back at my history the main thing that stands out is most of my career troubles did not relate to lack of skills, education or talent, but instead a poor connection to my boss.
Interpersonal skills goes far, but it's a two-way street. If he has an unlikable personality and is a micromanager I would get the hell out of there ASAP.

I can't answer what you should do because I do not know you and your personality. If you like to be alone and do things alone then it probably will not work unless you are open to changing your personality. If you like to work in teams and you enjoy it and still have a hard time working for someone it is most likely a clash in personalities, which you can get over with time, or a managerial problem (such as micromanagement and poor team skills).

Old 03-25-2014, 06:20 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Start exercising and taking better care of yourself and your body. I know in another recent thread you admitted to not doing so.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:51 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Start exercising and taking better care of yourself and your body. I know in another recent thread you admitted to not doing so.
I don't believe that in 250+ threads and counting he's yet taken any offered advice. Easier just to keep blaming the rest of the world and its substandard inhabitants for all his perceived and imagined dilemmas.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:50 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,002 times
If he really wanted to work he would find a way to be successful in dealing with any obstacle, including the boss. Anything short of that and you don't want to work as much as you have been saying all the months and you should stop posting.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:06 AM

2,001 posts, read 2,511,574 times
from my experience every job is not what it looks like. Usually after a year or so there should be internal reorganizations and things like that and even if you'd like your current boss you might end up in another team with another boss. In my experience they shuffled me around where I was needed but I'm a software engineer and I worked on a variety of platform/projects.
I dont know your background or the position you are interviewing for but keep in mind and consider the fact that the boss might be demoted/promoted and you might end up in another department. If you like so much everything else and think you can put up with the boss for about 1 yr then I'd say go for it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment