Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 12:10 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,691,740 times

Advertisements

I had to take a personality assessment (Caliper) yesterday at the company's office. The questions amounted to 75-80 and 1/3 of the exam asked me from a list of 4 words, which I most and least related to. So one question had the words: likeable, resilient, fatigue, recluse. This was a rather hard test! I chose resilient and recluse. The 2/3 of the exam asked those what number comes next and analogy questions such as 4,5,10,20,? etc. The final part was really weird..one question asked - The world today is soon to collapse, and we must prepare for the inevitable. And then I had to choose if I agreed or disagreed...another question was today's young people need to learn some more manners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 08:50 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Recluse was a bad choice. These exams are hypothetically designed to weed out introverts. Recluse = loner= introvert, companies hate introverts.

Bull excrement is so hard to get rid of which is what these test are.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:03 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
Yup, they want a team player, not a loner or do everything yourselfer.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:12 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Like able and resilient are the correct answers. Even if you hate people and love working alone in interviews you are always a team player and exude personality.Grammy award performances are what interviews are made for.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:15 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,854,619 times
Unclear from the post if "recluse" was selected as a word the OP least related to.

OP,

Was there a question in your post? The test you describe is fairly standard for a number of big box stores.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:36 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,114,245 times
Ignore the other posters. Recluse is the right choice for least related to.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:52 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
What are the idiotic companies coming to where they don't want a loner/recluse/nose to the grindstone/no time for small talk employee? Most loner/introvert types are extremely driven, productive, knowledgable and GET STUFF DONE!!!.

If we had more of them, maybe companies wouldn't be the shape their in now. With nothing getting done, people chit chatting all day with upper management, and providing window dressing and show pony mentalities yet accomplish NOTHING

Some of the most social/outgoing/kiss butt/ Show pony employees Ive ever worked with are some of the most USELESS employees Ive ever seen . They provide all this window addressing/ and talk about how great they are/ yet provide NOTHING of real value. Of course, these type are generally thrown to management positions and they couldn't "manage" their way out of a paper bag. Some of the best employees Ive ever seen are introverted.

Im not saying you need all introverts around but a few is actually smart to have if you are in management. Bring a bunch of outgoing extroverts to the workplace and very little gets done except chit chat.

You also don't need to worry about constantly keeping an eye on the introverts. In most case, you know they are getting things done. They don't need to be monitored every minute of the day

Old 04-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
Unclear from the post if "recluse" was selected as a word the OP least related to.
In which case "resilient" was the wrong choice. No employer wants an employee who's going to crumple to the floor in tears at the least bit of criticism.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:02 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,854,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
In which case "resilient" was the wrong choice. No employer wants an employee who's going to crumple to the floor in tears at the least bit of criticism.
The post jumped around so much that it was unclear if the OP was referring to a single question that asked for "most" and "least" in the same answer, or if they were referring to multiple questions.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:53 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,114,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
...The questions amounted to 75-80 and 1/3 of the exam asked me from a list of 4 words, which I most and least related to.

So one question had the words: likeable, resilient, fatigue, recluse. This was a rather hard test! I chose resilient and recluse.
Resilient and Likeable would be the correct choices, if the poster was supposed to choose two words that related to them. Nowhere in the post indicated the option to choose two words that related to most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment