Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 04:26 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abodnar412 View Post
but its ok for the failing business to go bankrupt no problem wipe away their problems clean but the student loan must be a burden FOR LIFE its a LIFE BURDEN...... you people are so ignorant.... over 1 TRILLION dollars in student loan debt and congress has the balls to back the lobbyists that shove $$$$ in the pockets of these sallie mae and big banks.... and instead hinder the new graduated and stunt the growth of the next generation.... ill never be able to buy a house or anything with the burden of this loan on my leg

You knew this going in, if you didn't like the deal you shouldn't have taken the money. Simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 04:53 PM

7,922 posts, read 7,811,466 times
Quote:
this is why student loans need to be discharged in bankruptcy
Um no.

Back in the late 1970's some doctors and lawyers did that and caused it to be changed. You just don't work and fake being poor.

Even if it was allowed the bankruptcy laws changed in 2005. It's no longer the easy $300 to a lawyer and some paperwork.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:55 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,103,476 times
Quote:
but its ok for the failing business to go bankrupt no problem wipe away their problems clean but the student loan must be a burden FOR LIFE its a LIFE BURDEN...... you people are so ignorant.... over 1 TRILLION dollars in student loan debt and congress has the balls to back the lobbyists that shove $$$$ in the pockets of these sallie mae and big banks.... and instead hinder the new graduated and stunt the growth of the next generation.... ill never be able to buy a house or anything with the burden of this loan on my leg
Abodnar412, get off City Data and use the time to begin taking responsibility for your life!

Old 04-07-2014, 04:55 PM

892 posts, read 1,499,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
Oh the irony...

Wasn't this the same thread you posted earlier?

Now I know why unemployed people commit crimes....

But an employer using the same logic that a financially stressed person with access to large amounts of cash (restaurant managers) wouldn't be an ideal candidate is somehow obscene?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
That certainly puts this thread and poster into perspective.

ROFLMAO! Had no clue about that thread when I posted my last reply...and he thought he was being sneaky and clever by "fudging dates" because, well..."everybody does it!".

Yes, an outright liar is EXACTLY who I'd want running my business...

Old 04-07-2014, 05:10 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Perhaps you didn't get the job because you loved on your resume? Time to put your anger to something productive. Find a volunteer position so you are learning skills, giving back and networking.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:20 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,762,441 times
Something you need to consider: A restaurant manager, working for any decent restaurant has to be covered with a bond issued by a good insurance company. Insurance companies do not issue bonds, on someone with a bad credit rating.

As you were turned down on bad credit rating, it was probably the insurance company refused to issue a bond to cover you. This is the problem for anyone with a bad credit rating, applying for a job which requires they be covered by a bond. Under the circumstances, no matter if you are the most qualified to do the work, and how much the company wanted to hire you, the inability to bond you would have made you no longer qualified for the job.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:23 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times
Checking anyone's credit for a jobs is nothing but another form of discrimination. It should be against the law for any employers to go into someones credit report related to finding a job. In the crash of 2008, then maybe they need to fire the bankers who used public monies to bail them out, when their banks credit rating fell through the floor.

Blame it on the University Madness who turn around and hire people with degree, who have never had a job, and don't have any credit and never had any credit.

One's credit has nothing to do with the ability to perform the work being required by the employer.

As a nation, since this push for the delusional claim of higher education, we have become one of the craziest nations who always have sought ways to discriminate. People don't get it, its not just about skin tone, they have developed a way to discriminate against 'THE POOR", this way, they can hold back, poor whites, poor blacks, women and any minority who exist on the soil in America.

We send greedy ignorant people to congress who think they are there to be a "guru", when their job is to represent the people, not go there making decisions as if they are somehow placed in a position as dictator and determinant for the people.

We better wake up and vote these crazies out of office, and more people should file suits against this 'delusional degree claim for jobs. because most people never seek work in their claimed degree, so they can't say the person is any more dedicated than anyone else.

We all know that anyone who goes to a campus and pays, and stack up paying and buying credits will be given a degree. It is nothing more than a "paid for".... GET A JOB CERTIFICATE"... except for those who have specialties such as Medicine, Law, and such things.

Today anyone with a English Degree is given a job managing other. What does a Colonial History or Arts Major have to do with working in Industrial Management or Administrative Management.

America has become a CRASHED nations, and those decisions which crashed this nation have all been made by people riding the backs of a degree.
Now that should tell us something.

People send their kids to school, the kids come out, and just for a pat on the back and a bonus check, they create policies which in turn devastate their own parents and the rest of society.

It's long past time for American's to wake up, get over that delusional World War II fiction of thinking we are the world leader. That period is OVER, it only lasted until the late 1960's. By the mid 1950's we were seeking slaves on foreign soil and exporting our industry there. We can't even compete with anything of Industrial Infrastructure and commercial and public building projects that China creates and we are so far behind in ability to match anything that Dubia builds.

We can't even respect the American citizens enough to build our own appliances, or the millions of Cell Phones and computers, but they sell them to us, for the same price as if they had paid people in America $30 an hour to build and make it, when they paid the Chinese 60 cent to $1.50 and hour to make it. Even if they paid people in America 20$ and hour to build it, we could buy it for the same price it is being sold, or probably for less, and the company still would make a profit. When we get wise enough to realize this, we will stop buying this stuff, that is low quality, over priced and gouging us in every way imaginable for goods that are made to be disposed of.
So the delusions that its cheaper for us to have it made overseas, is nothing but the sham push on the American people, so the Industrialist can make 3,000+% profit above and after all incurred cost of productions, distribution and sales. Go look through your homes and see if you can find 'anything' made in America? In many cases, the building materials for the home probably was bought from foreign producers. And we wonder why this nation has economic problems.

Look at Apple, they are sitting on 159 BILLION DOLLARS IN FLAT CASH. How did they get it, except by the same method outlined above. yet, every 6 months people run out and buy another phone.

We fell for the hoodwinking pushed by anyone wearing a suit and tie and claiming a degree. Until the point we became too greased over to even open our eyes and pay attention and look at the truth, through the smoke and mirrors they used to delude us.

Now employers want to discriminate based on age, credit, skin tone, gender and the fact of being Poor... so they keep people in blindness by forced desperation. So we can't stand up and speak about the truth.
Then we have a right wing party that does all it can to further try and force people to accept being fleeced.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 04-07-2014 at 05:34 PM..

Old 04-07-2014, 05:34 PM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
just give me a chance is all i ask from anyone that interviews me.... for god sakes is that too much?
Is there an employment agency reasonably near you that might be able to help you with your job search? There is a "SW Florida Works", agency in our neck of the woods, and they seem to have helped some of the folks here who were looking for work, there may be an equivalent type of agency where you live. Seems to me they have connections to employers that an applicant could never access online, so it might be worth looking into.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:44 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,257 times
Quote:
Drum Roll......... here comes the catch 22

UNSATIFACTORY CREDIT SCORE!!!!!!!

YES I TOOK A DRUG TEST AND PASSED

YES I TOOK A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND PASSED

BUT SINCE I'VE BEEN UNEMPLOYED AND MY STUDENT LOANS ARE WAY PAST DUE CAUSE I NEED TO KEEP A ROOF OVER MY HEAD I FELL BEHIND AND IT RUINED MY CREDIT......

BUT HOW CAN I PAY FOR THE STUDENT LOAN WHEN I DON'T HAVE A JOB....
You're fired!!!

Old 04-07-2014, 10:58 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,497 times
The irony of the OP complaining about a low credit score and then complaining she can't discharge her student loans in bankruptcy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment