Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 04:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,688,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Or I can bring it to the attention of management when asked 'how am I making out', cordially, that this environment hampers productivity and then quietly plan my exit while they do nothing about it. Which is more or less what I did and am doing. Hopefully my next environment won't resemble a zoo.

Also about headphones, if I completely block out noise then if someone is calling me from across the office for legit purposes then I'm not likely to hear them.....because I'm wearing headphones. Or I can keep an earphone in one ear...... which means my free ear will take in the noise I'm trying to block out.

Sigh, can't win.....
My sister works in this type of environment.She puts the client on mute and yells,"Yo! I'm on the phone!"

It usually gets it quiet.But you can also think where is the manager? She had one walk around and give warnings and some were brought into the office.Yes a bit grade schoolish but it weeds out unproductive people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 08:19 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,678,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
My sister works in this type of environment.She puts the client on mute and yells,"Yo! I'm on the phone!"

It usually gets it quiet.But you can also think where is the manager? She had one walk around and give warnings and some were brought into the office.Yes a bit grade schoolish but it weeds out unproductive people.
My manager is fully aware of it. Its mainly two culprits, and various accounts from other co-workers are that there's been a revolving door of people who are employed in this particular department, get fed up, and leave. I'm aware of at least 3 people in my position in the past 2 years. I just happened to be the latest sucker. I pretty much have to go into a zen-like trance to concentrate on the piles of paperwork on my desk. My manager once a month has a 'sit-in' where she will sit in the office during the morning to monitor how things are going. On those days, the two motormouths are quiet as a mouse, which means they are conscious of their behavior. I also forget to say that both of these two females pass gas multiple times throughout the day but that's ok, I guess I need noseplugs or a gas mask for that.

I've 'adapted', but I've got the resume circling. The place is literally a zoo.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:18 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,688,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
My manager is fully aware of it. Its mainly two culprits, and various accounts from other co-workers are that there's been a revolving door of people who are employed in this particular department, get fed up, and leave. I'm aware of at least 3 people in my position in the past 2 years. I just happened to be the latest sucker. I pretty much have to go into a zen-like trance to concentrate on the piles of paperwork on my desk. My manager once a month has a 'sit-in' where she will sit in the office during the morning to monitor how things are going. On those days, the two motormouths are quiet as a mouse, which means they are conscious of their behavior. I also forget to say that both of these two females pass gas multiple times throughout the day but that's ok, I guess I need noseplugs or a gas mask for that.

I've 'adapted', but I've got the resume circling. The place is literally a zoo.
Lmao! Ewwwwww!

Old 04-18-2014, 01:17 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,802,436 times
Its one guy at my job who doesn't say anything to anyone and he kind of comes off like he is a little odd.

How can someone just be a loner at work in the cafeteria everyday?

Old 04-18-2014, 06:34 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,678,663 times
I personally have no problems being social, but there's a time and place for it. The work environment shouldn't qualify for either.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:42 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,736,266 times
To avoid having to work

Old 04-18-2014, 06:48 PM

7,897 posts, read 12,607,575 times
I rarely talk to anybody at work other than work related issues. I didn't even mention my father had passed away recently. People may think I am a bit "cold" however being in my 50's I realize there is nothing to be gained by sharing personal information and opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment