Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 05:15 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think that moving the Dakotas is a BAD option unless you have ties there. If you don't have family or anything you will likely end up sent back home because you can't find a place to live. Anyone who says it is an option for anyone is stating an uneducated opinion.
Apparently there were alot of homeless and unemployed people going to Williston, ND and being sent back to where they came from because of the horrible weather, and the lack of housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 05:24 AM

361 posts, read 737,371 times
Just a suggestion to apply for work as a resident manager of some sort... perhaps for persons with disabilities? Or as a live-in caregiver? Or nanny? Don't know if you might have interest, OP... sending thoughts and prayers.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:13 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,138,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Have you tried working less than ordinary jobs? Cook, cashier, waiter, bagger, movie theater, security, car wash, fast food, retail, grocery, landscaping, telecomm., laborer?

Just because you can't find a white collar job doesn't mean it's over. Go to family restaurants and ask if they are hiring.

These jobs do not hire anymore. I tried too. That's what you holier than thou Hannity lovers have to understand!

Old 06-25-2014, 06:59 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,682,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
I took semesters off for different reasons but I graduated in six years and about 10 semesters I think. I changed majors twice, and had academic probation my second semester when I struggled with alcoholism, and lost financial aid, though I never was dismissed and never transferred. My cumulative GPA in the end was 2.82 and my last semester GPA was 3.50. Oh well, I went through a lot and persevered anyway where anyone else probably would have jumped from a bridge. I'm a failure.

Why don't you take your judgmental attitude and improper presumptions, and go **** *** ***** **** ****.
Don't say you're a failure. If you view yourself this way, then employers might also see that. You're just someone who has hit a rough spot. We have all hit them from time to time. Even the "holier than thou people" on this thread. Life has its ups and downs. Just remember, you're at the bottom right now and it can only get better.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:10 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,555,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Why?
People need jobs!

Old 06-25-2014, 09:53 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_CD View Post
People need jobs!
I'm just not made to own a business. May be I'll try again when I think of a better strategy.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:10 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_CD View Post
People need jobs!
Not all small businesses truly create jobs. In some, they do but many don't beyond the business creator themselves. Plus not everyone is cut out to be their own boss whether it is financial management, the skills or managing the company at all.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:57 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,620,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Not all small businesses truly create jobs. In some, they do but many don't beyond the business creator themselves. Plus not everyone is cut out to be their own boss whether it is financial management, the skills or managing the company at all.
Yeah. I would love to have my own business, but I don't know the first thing.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:38 PM

1,274 posts, read 978,872 times
OP, I tried to read through the pages but did you share your major? Maybe someone who is in your field can react? Remember that many jobs are also available through networking.

Good luck in your search, hopefully you will find a position soon.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:39 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Since you are rejecting me from society, I will become a bum, draining your income taxes to help me buy food through food stamps. I will require your money every day to assist me in transportation while I apply for your jobs and never be hired - by anyone - for anything. I will require forgiveness from my student loan debts, which are well over $100,000 by now. I've been paying them down, but I will no longer be able to do this since you did not hire me. I will require tens of thousands of dollars per year in assistance to give me shelter because you wouldn't provide me a chance to be able to pay my own bills. Despite using your facilities, bathrooms, grocery stores, government buildings, small businesses, I will now only be draining from you instead of providing profits to these establishments and contributing to the wages of workers who build these places and feed themselves and sustain their livelihoods. Instead of contributing to building the economy, I am now forced to become a drain on it, using many many tens of thousands of dollars to feed me, house me, transport me, provide mental and physical health care to me, and eventually you, yes you the taxpayer, will be forced to pay to bury or cremate me after I die or get killed in the streets.
I swear this is what every unemployed person in America has told themselves at some point. The conservatives are too busy bashing people for being poor and having to rely on assistance, that they miss the calls of people begging to be productive members of society. Shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment