Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 04:54 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times

Advertisements

And these are the same people who complain when they can't find a job ! Today is the 4th of July and I am getting ready to go to work, and I am happy as hell to have a job, even if I have to work on holidays. That is why I get 40 hours a week and the complainers are scrounging to get 25......my employer knows I show up, do my job, and don't complain about dumb stuff.

Grow up, be happy you even have a job in this economy, and stop whining.

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 05:36 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,306,322 times
I like the parable of the vineyard workers.

Where I work they do the 59 minute rule. They technically can't give us an hour off without changing the timesheets to reflect so they let us go 59 minutes before our regular quitting time.

people are always going to find something to complain about.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:52 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Today is my first day off since June 22nd. We're working on a special project with time constraints. No, I don't get overtime or any sort of bonus for this. But I did get a promotion in January because of a similar project last year, and I've got something really good to add to my resume. So keep focusing on the small, insignificant crap. It works out well for the rest of us!

Old 07-04-2014, 02:00 PM

53 posts, read 67,382 times
It's not worth complaining about. Be happy you have decent employment. You do whatever you need to do for the job. Personally, I worked recently for an entertainment company where most people left around 6 or 7, and I left at 9pm or later, depending on what needed to be done. On early close days, I left at 5 or 6, so I enjoyed those 8 hour short days. If it seems so terribly unfair, consider a job or career change, because the job requires whatever it requires.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:11 PM

683 posts, read 1,883,206 times
The company I work for offers "x-time" (not sure what the x stands for, but that is what it is called) whenever they open late or close early due to inclement weather or the day before a holiday. Everyone is give the same amount of "x-time" to use on their timesheet that day as they see fit. I think it is a great idea that everyone is offered the same number of hours and not given a specific hour to be in by or leave by.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:33 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,732,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
And so what? Everyone is getting a full day's pay for less than a full day's work. Some make out better than others. Big deal. This complaint is on par with, "he got a bigger piece of cake than me!"
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment