Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 07:26 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,358,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Yes, to me that is a LOT of work, especially when you multiply this for every position you apply for. If that causes others to think I'm "lazy" I don't care. I have a very high work ethic at work itself, absolutely, but with remedial tasks, I have far less. I'm willing to put in a reasonable effort but come on, 1-2 hours per job is a HUGE amount of time for a job you may well not get, especially when multiplied by every position you apply for.
Well doesn't this just take the cake. Thank you for answering the question I've always had about scrubs that whine about not having a job. They simply don't care enough to try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 07:28 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,358,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Immature or not...yes, the guy was about 58. I guess numerical age has little to do with actual maturity.

Can someone look up the word "schadenfreude"? Because I feel like it is an excellent word to define TPTB in today's hiring market.

I sometimes think back to watching American Idol...Simon seemed to get some kind of sick pleasure out of rejecting some of the contestants...but I think he's relatively sane compared to hiring managers. At least, in 2 minutes, you will know if you have got what it takes to be a superstar....or not! Rejected contestants leave in droves, some with their feelings hurt, some crying...but hey, at least they didn't get strung along for two weeks waiting to see if the judges thought they had "talent" or not...I don't know if this is a good analogy, or not...but somehow this topic made me think of the show.

And mPowering1...I am 36.
Even sadder yet.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:30 AM

513 posts, read 539,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Oh c'mon....surely there is someone who understands this as well as I do?

Employers these days, as vile and treacherous as they are, probably should get worse than cat poop, and I know I will get flamed for this, but I don't care....
Well, give us your address - and we'll all send you some gift packages of cat poop. You'll probably have to go to the ER due to your sides splitting from the hilarity, right?

Old 07-18-2014, 08:43 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,504,256 times
It shows exactly who he is. It justifies every person who never hired him.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:26 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,872,371 times
I will never, ever understand how anyone can reach the age of maturity and still believe things like this are right, justified or humorous.

"They were mean to me!" and the person throws poop.

It's like what a toddler would do... a poorly behaved toddler.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:39 PM

3,276 posts, read 2,106,442 times
People are just sick now-a-days. Bizarre behavior was a large part of the reason that I sold my commercial janitorial business some years back. I can't tell you how aghast I was at the frequency with which my clientele were doing things, deliberately, that would sicken and shock even the most iron-gutted among us. Even more disheartening was that most of this crap (pun intended) was being committed by otherwise well-educated professionals.

Still, nothing can quite compare to the public recreation contracts I had; it's amazing what sort of devious individuals are drawn to ruin public facilities intended for family use when locations don't maintain any sort of law enforcement presence. At many of those locations, the default means of service became my staff showing up in full body gear with a pressure washer and pump sprayer full of surgical-grade disinfectant.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:20 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,756,288 times
That's disgusting, not funny.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:25 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,627,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
People are just sick now-a-days.

In more ways than one.........

Old 08-10-2014, 08:59 PM

994 posts, read 1,589,958 times
Well, if you look at it from another perspective, maybe this was a ****ty job to begin with. Perhaps the guy was just sending a followup letter to show his true feelings about the whole place!

Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,682,701 times
Probably indicative of why they didn't hire the guy in first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment