Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 01:06 PM
mzd

419 posts, read 886,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeZeeZee View Post
This whole discussion is ridiculous.
The person who began this thread is known for asking inane questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 01:12 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
I wouldn't work anywhere near Plain Yogurt, that stuff is just gross.
I do really like a lot of the flavors though and the ones with fruit
in the bottom.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:18 PM

1,480 posts, read 2,795,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzd View Post
The person who began this thread is known for asking inane questions.
They may be inane to you but I get lots of rep points and private messages from people who love my posts and thought provoking ideas!

Old 07-22-2014, 01:50 PM

179 posts, read 247,976 times
I think I could deal with dead bodies for a million.

I'd have a harder time dealing with hurt children, especially if I couldn't help them.

I wouldn't do anything that killed poeple or animals. I wouldn't work in marketing dangerous or illegal products (and obviously not potentially dangerous , but with a purpose, ie selling cars I'd have no problem with) I wouldn't do anything unscrupulous, like tricking old people or making money off the unfortunate....

Old 07-22-2014, 01:54 PM

6,458 posts, read 7,793,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I wouldn't work anywhere near Plain Yogurt, that stuff is just gross.
I do really like a lot of the flavors though and the ones with fruit
in the bottom.
repped.

I like plain yogurt. You should reconsider and give it another try. The "fruit" on the bottom has a lot of sugar...very tasty sugar.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:09 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,855,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
repped.

I like plain yogurt. You should reconsider and give it another try. The "fruit" on the bottom has a lot of sugar...very tasty sugar.
I can only do the plain yogurt if it's the greek kind. Regular plain yogurt just tastes like sour milk.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:10 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,855,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
They may be inane to you but I get lots of rep points and private messages from people who love my posts and thought provoking ideas!
Doesn't say much about those folks. Your stories are lame, contradictory and/or bogus.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:24 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,322,546 times
I never understood why people who think the question is inane feel this overwhelming compulsion to click on the thread, read it, and then post hostile remarks.

See, there's this thing on your mouse - assuming you have a mouse made after 1997, called a scroll wheel. When you move the wheel up or down, it moves the page you're looking at.

Which means - and you better be sitting down for this because this might be truly shocking - you can scroll PAST the threads that don't interest you! WOW! Give the scroll wheel inventor a friggin' medal.

Because some of us don't mind these threads, and having them ruined by incessant growling actually keeps other people - people who might want to start a thread about something you're actually interested in - from posting! Because who wants to risk catching an earful of bovine excrement from the Negative Nancy Brigade?

Oh yeah ... and I'm with the person who said any jobs with heights. I would definitely try to get my million. But I think I would end up chickening out. Whenever I find myself up high, I get bad vertigo and I tend to get physically weak. It's a mild phobia, but it's there nonetheless. Being up in a skyscraper or observation tower doesn't bother me - but being on a small foot bridge over a chasm or on a ladder scaling a tower of somekind, no way. Uh uh. Nope.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:57 PM

211 posts, read 266,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToraG View Post
Doesn't this cover every single job out there ever in the world?
Perhaps you missed where he/she mentioned "without any offsetting good".

Old 07-22-2014, 03:06 PM

1,480 posts, read 2,795,989 times
Thanks, I repped you. If someone does not likely my postings, ignore me and move to the next conversation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
I never understood why people who think the question is inane feel this overwhelming compulsion to click on the thread, read it, and then post hostile remarks.

See, there's this thing on your mouse - assuming you have a mouse made after 1997, called a scroll wheel. When you move the wheel up or down, it moves the page you're looking at.

Which means - and you better be sitting down for this because this might be truly shocking - you can scroll PAST the threads that don't interest you! WOW! Give the scroll wheel inventor a friggin' medal.

Because some of us don't mind these threads, and having them ruined by incessant growling actually keeps other people - people who might want to start a thread about something you're actually interested in - from posting! Because who wants to risk catching an earful of bovine excrement from the Negative Nancy Brigade?

Oh yeah ... and I'm with the person who said any jobs with heights. I would definitely try to get my million. But I think I would end up chickening out. Whenever I find myself up high, I get bad vertigo and I tend to get physically weak. It's a mild phobia, but it's there nonetheless. Being up in a skyscraper or observation tower doesn't bother me - but being on a small foot bridge over a chasm or on a ladder scaling a tower of somekind, no way. Uh uh. Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment