Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 07:09 PM

31 posts, read 29,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
People are more or less influenced by social signals.
Some people can play the heel and have the entire world hate them and not care in the slightest, others run around worrying about what every single person thinks about them and collapse into a quivering mess of unconfident goo at the slightest inkling that someone, for whatever reason, doesn't like them.

While having friendships and social relationships with coworkers is nice, personally speaking, I really couldn't care less. I'm there to do the work so like me, don't like me, I couldn't care less as long as it isn't interfering with the job you're here to do.

That said, gossipers and rumor spreaders are the single worst cancer of an employee culture of any business. There are 101 reasons an employer can devise to fire you for cause. A back-stabbing gossiper in my office environment is a goner every time and I'll contest their unemployment to a court arbiter if need be. That's how much I hate them.

Any management that allows the working culture to devolve into paranoia, gossip and bull**** is weak in the leadership department. You should be worried about me, your boss, not what the person at the desk next to you is doing or wearing or dating or thinking.
Christ, why can't all bosses think like you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 12:26 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times
The best example of rude, condescending behavior was at a factory.

If we were going to be working on Saturday, the notice ( and more info) was posted on a sheet of paper and put on bulletin board in lunch room.

My crew was the 1st for noon lunch break.
One woman would go up to the bulletin board to see what new notification was.

A senior employee already seated would say..........." bring it here"
It then was read by the few at that table, pushed aside, and soon ended up on the floor.

Thus, the remaining 75% employees would never see it.

I picked it up several times and pinned it back up as I told the senior women......." there are more employees than just you"

Her reply was.........." why should.....I....worry about them "

Yup, a few co-workers who felt that the whole world revolves around them !

Old 04-23-2017, 03:41 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,901 times
You need to confront these people and put them in their place.The best thing that would happen after that is that they will avoid you because you stood up to their crap.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:53 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
Try being a 62 year old admin employee. Never been so invisible in my life and treated as bad.

Until someone needs something or has an emergency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment