Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:11 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,943,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post

And also, Layoffs is nothing but management saying "we screwed up, so we have to let you go". Layoffs and firings should start from the TOP down. Not the other way around because 9 times out of 10, people like yourself (in your position) are the CAUSE Of the layoffs.
Yep that is what happened at my company, the cosseted owners boy destroyed daddy's company and made others pay for his mistakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
First, you're an asshatt

I look forward to the day that you have your first heart attack and I'm your nurse.
Asshat is putting it mildly, be sure to give him a potassium chloride injection to the heart if you can find it.

The OP needs to get back under his bridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 10:12 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadstugatzi View Post
Turnover? HA!

In this economy I could mandate my EEs need to wear clown suits and get sprayed with seltzer water twice a shift and as long as I keep paying them 15 bucks an hour theyl all oblige.
As someone who is actually in management, I think you're a fake too. Now how about doing us all a favor and go back to lurking?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:30 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,855,927 times
Super obvious troll post.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:12 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,991,972 times
Quote:
Such disdain for authority.

Comparing me to Hitler is childish, I am simply stating the truth, EDUCATION IS PARAMOUNT.
Education is paramount...except in healthcare, right Chad? Unbelievable arrogance!

This pecking order applies to your position as well. Just like you don't care about "Pit Dogs", that CEO doesn't consider you anything more than a minion. Trust in that.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:31 PM

339 posts, read 933,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
Super obvious troll post.
Yup

Old 08-13-2014, 11:41 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,278,346 times
Don't feed the troll.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:53 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,506,670 times
My thought exactly, "troll post".

The OP pretty much confirmed it with this:

"Turnover? HA!

In this economy I could mandate my EEs need to wear clown suits and get sprayed with seltzer water twice a shift and as long as I keep paying them 15 bucks an hour theyl all oblige."

Very unprofessional sounding.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:13 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
First, let me start by saying I lurk these forums a lot, usually for insight into how the workforce is thinking, the new excuses for getting out of work, and for general complaints so that I know how to quell them.

Now,

As a district manager for a very large company, and as a history of being in upper management for the better part of 20 years, I have learned that there is a clear line between employee and manager.

To me, an employee in a Blue Collar setting, is little more than a number, I know it sounds horrible, and it makes me sound inhuman, but thats the bottom line, and thats the truth.

When you sign up to work at our company on a manufacturing/warehousing setting, you are basically signing up to do in my opinion menial work, for moderate pay, nothing else.

Sick time/PTO, vacation and 401K are in my opinion too much to offer someone who did not think highly of themselves to get an education.

I think the same of health care, but thats another story.

So,

When you are an employee in my plant, I just want you to do your job, take minimal sick days, and stay quiet about complaints, I will provide you with a safe place, and a wage.

I do not want to be your friend, I do not give a crap about your accomplishments in life, or your personal life.

I will not promote from within, I always go for education, and if you have a degree and are still working for my floor as a pit dog, I will not promote you, because it shows that you did not have the commitment skills to stick to your career.

So, to avoid lay offs, I just want my PDS ( Pit Dogs, its that our CEO calls our floor men ) to do their job, shut up, take no sick time off, avoid injuries, and THATS THAT.

We dont care about your kids, your goals, weekends are mandatory, if you do not like i, quit! Its an at will state, and no one is forcing you to be there.

So there you have it, folks, thats how you keep a job.
Pretty ground breaking stuff, huh?
Groundbreaking. Not what I'd call it. As a business owner, I'd sack your ass in heartbeat for treating my workers that way.

Husband and I own and operate a janitorial company, and I'd rather hire PEOPLE and treat them well. Pay them a fair wage, and give them bennies. We did make the decision to stay small and do the work ourselves and not try to build a large business... but when we were thinking about going big, we were determined to be good place to work.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:24 AM

34 posts, read 50,366 times
@Chadstugatzi I would have to disagree. Education is highly overrated in our society. Nothing prepares an individual better than experience and street sense (in most industries). Your mentality is "the corporate machine mentality" Profit over people- (chomsky). And while it may turn you a profit, in my experience, this "us and them" Animal farm mentality breeds contempt, theft and laziness on the job. Why work for a boss that treats its employees like a number? This environment breeds high employee turnover, complaining, lawsuits and theft (or slacking off on the job). But hey its the American way!

Old 08-14-2014, 04:34 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Such disdain for authority.

Comparing me to Hitler is childish, I am simply stating the truth, EDUCATION IS PARAMOUNT.

Education is wonderful but sometimes skills and experience mean much more than a piece of paper that says I did all my work, went to class, turned it in and passed a few tests and didn't drink myself into oblivion or death while in the midst getting educated.

I will tell you though, the degree that I have does nothing to enhance the company that I own.
Oh well, maybe the next degree with make a difference except I already own a successful company and have a useless degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment