Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 08:08 AM

19,491 posts, read 9,523,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Not the case where I live. The Super Walmart that they built about 10 years ago is not only laid out horribly, but they have 30 registers, and usually only have 4 open... 2 express lanes, and 2 regular lanes. Not to mention there are no express checkouts. I mean seriously, if you're never going to open even half those registers, then WTF do you need 30 registers for? I avoid the place if at all possible. At least the other grocery store in town, while they are smaller have less registers, only have 1 express lane open, and 2 other regular lanes open, they usually have a number of self checkouts open.
We have a number of Super Walmarts in our area. Lines kept to a minimum. It's been maybe at least 3 or 4 months now since they put in a bevy of self-checkouts and brought back the hand baskets. Another one just did the same within I'm guessing the past month. So, lately I have not seen more than say, 5 or 6 people standing, waiting in line at any particular cash register. Of course, come mention of a big storm that may all change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 08:09 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Lines dont bother me as much as the garbage being sold in them

Old 08-26-2014, 08:09 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Some people have such a life lacking with excitement that lines are the top of their list of anger inducing things in it.
That and the OP lives somewhere busy that's not indicative of the entire country. I guess when you retire and have nothing of importance to do nor anywhere important to be then you demand that every other person in existence meet your time needs and give you what you want...RIGHT NOW!!!

Man, retirement is going to be fun.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Put America back to work!

I keep saying that every time I go to the local stores and restaurants now days. No matter where I go there is a problem with understaffing. Huge long lines at the only cash register working at the grocery store and huge lines at the few working self checkouts too. The food is slow to come out because they did not hire enough cooks. Dirty dishes sitting at the table for a long time because they don't hire enough bus boys. I rented a car on a recent trip and there was only one line open and 15 people in line in front of me. I could go on and on.

You may say, then shop some where else. Problem is nearly every retail establishment is understaffed with terrible customer service.

You thoughts and experiences please!
Sorry that money that could have been used to hire is being funneled to the government instead.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:13 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,956,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Some people have such a life lacking with excitement that lines are the top of their list of anger inducing things in it.
This is closer to a real life situation than most of the faux-rage controversies posted here.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:25 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
That and the OP lives somewhere busy that's not indicative of the entire country. I guess when you retire and have nothing of importance to do nor anywhere important to be then you demand that every other person in existence meet your time needs and give you what you want...RIGHT NOW!!!

Man, retirement is going to be fun.
The alternative is he shops at stores where prices are so low that staffing is cut for costs. I also say this with the lack of understanding if it's waiting 30 seconds in line or 3 minutes...frankly I have more important things to worry about. I use the time to answer emails, check the news, and check the market.

When I get old I am totally going to be a terrible crank waving my cane around, drinking, and having fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
This is closer to a real life situation than most of the faux-rage controversies posted here.
Sadly, that is very true.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:44 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What is the point of this thread?
There is no point. It's just the same old dude starting another ridiculous thread.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:47 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Put America back to work!

I keep saying that every time I go to the local stores and restaurants now days. No matter where I go there is a problem with understaffing. Huge long lines at the only cash register working at the grocery store and huge lines at the few working self checkouts too. The food is slow to come out because they did not hire enough cooks. Dirty dishes sitting at the table for a long time because they don't hire enough bus boys. I rented a car on a recent trip and there was only one line open and 15 people in line in front of me. I could go on and on.

You may say, then shop some where else. Problem is nearly every retail establishment is understaffed with terrible customer service.

You thoughts and experiences please!
Completely agree.

Never was that way before the well-spoken and clean one took office and thoroughly screwed up the health industry, making it more expensive. Businesses started letting people go to lower cost.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:52 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,023,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The result of electing an anti business president. He has destroyed the economy... Actually, he has destroyed everything that is American, but this discussion is about the economy...

I'm no fan of the president, but this is purely a matter of market forces. American consumers complain about poor service, yet flock in droves to the places with poor service because of low prices. What we say we value as consumers is not really in line with how we actually behave. If Americans in general really valued customer service, we'd get good customer service because we would stop patronizing businesses that don't deliver it.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:55 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
"Weird Al" Yankovic - First World Problems - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment