Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 04:09 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,056,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by planning View Post

Who is SAG?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
SAG is not a "who" it is a "what" and most everyone over the age of 13 knows what that is.
Google is your friend.
I agree that most everyone over the age of 13 knows the definition of SAG.

Quote:
I have never wanted to be an actor yet I have known what SAG is for most of my 53 years on this earth and I don't even watch television or go to movies.
I believe there is even a SAG Award program that I have read in some news story somewhere.

So the assumption that one has to want to be a child actor or an actor to know about SAG is not correct.

Once again a simple question, that is basically common knowledge to most middle school age children and the adult OP needs to ask what it is.

Workman's compensation, work permits, that jobs (other than construction) can be physically demanding, and on and on.

Hmmm, it makes you wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 04:28 PM

522 posts, read 719,260 times
Just wanted to mention - someone did talk about farm workers, FLSA treats agricultural field as a completely different item, and has drastically different set of rules for that

Old 10-02-2014, 05:08 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,270,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Let me make this easy for you, after 26 pages...

Do what you want. It's clear that you don't want to listen to what everyone else has said unless it agrees with your worldview. That's fine.

I'm not even going to touch on the other things that make my head hurt.

If the employer is prepared to take the legal risk, and you're fine with it, do it. If they're not, then don't.

It's really that simple.
I only stop by to amuse myself during the day. For me it has been a bit of fun hanging out here in this thread. You are so right though. The OP can do what ever she as a parent wants to do. After reading the thoughts here on these many pages I am almost wondering if the OP is maybe that same 13 year old girl she claims to be talking about. It would almost be like she is trying to build a case for herself to present to her parents. It would be fun to look at her other posts from other threads to compare thoughts and patterns.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:11 PM

Funny, for a total of 110 posts they all are here within this thread. I am thinking we are being taken for a ride and I am thinking the one driving is a 13 year old girl. LOL

Old 10-02-2014, 07:06 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,056,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Funny, for a total of 110 posts they all are here within this thread. I am thinking we are being taken for a ride and I am thinking the one driving is a 13 year old girl. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by planning View Post
I think that if a 5-year old could pass a driving test without help that they should be allowed to drive, ...

If a 5-year old could give me an in-depth explanation of the political parties and issues, then they should be able to vote, ...

If a 5-year old could pass a law exam, then they should be able to be a lawyer, ...

Only the merits of a person to the task should be the standard on whether or not they can do it.
If a 13 year old could tell others in a forum that they are the parent of a 13 year old, then they should be the parent of a 13 year old.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:37 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,624,805 times
I want my hour back.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:52 AM

I want to see how long it takes the op to return and entertain us.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:46 AM

130 posts, read 123,130 times
Quote:
Your daughter is no more advanced than anyone else's child who is advanced, in mensa, in honors classes etc.

So you state in one post that you teach your children to be responsible spenders yet in the other post you state that she will no doubt expect you to purchase a vehicle for her "because other parents do it"?
How exactly is that being a responsible spender?

There is nothing wrong with designer anything if you choose to pay the ridiculously high prices for something that is no better quality than other like items that are lower priced.

It appears you may have the "stereotype druggie mentality" going on here.
You do realize there are numerous drug users who are not homeless and living on the streets and selling their bodies for drugs right?
They are Doctors, Lawyers, Nurses, Bankers, Wall Street Workers, the Police Officer that lives down the street, the Fireman next door, your 70 year old neighbor, the cashier at the market, the city bus driver on your route, even a few of the teachers at your child's school and I would even bet that a few of her classmates are already doing drugs.
You know those "advanced" kids in the honors class who go out after school and smoke pot and snort whatever it is they are snorting right before they go to the Library to study.

And other advanced children shouldn't be held back because of mediocre children.

Being an irresponsible spender means agreeing to pay interest so you can have something now. Expecting something and not getting it doesn't make you a spender.

Something is a high-end brand only if it is of high quality.

There's always a small part of any group that doesn't follow the trend, but the majority of drug users are people with nothing else to occupy their time or people who don't exert effort in anything.

We don't associate with those people in our area.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredtired View Post
Well, no responsible parent feels their purpose is to make their kids lives as enjoyable as possible.

Why is that? Don't you want your children to be happy?

Old 10-04-2014, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Take it up with the courts not with us. Few people have a problem with the law. I for one still have no idea why you would want your daughter to work. You don't have a problem buying her a car, or at least having other parents buy their kids cars, why not give your daughter money.

The company that Bella Weems started is called Origami Owl. She is close to 18 years old now. She started the company when she was 14. Last year's sales were over $250million. Truth be told I mentioned that the company was valued at that point. I have no idea what the company is valued at. I miss spoke. Still if my friend Shaun Neff's company is any indication of value I would bet that she is close to the $250million mark. Shaun started Neff Headwear when he was 22 years old and it is in the $400million range as far as what the company is worth.

As far as buying kids cars, most parents that I know do not give their kids cars. Many do but a lot of parents realize that it would be better for them to work for the car. Then again of the people that I know that give their kids cars they are not trying to get them jobs at 13 years of age.

Since we are talking about cars, maybe you would like to go into the fact that kids need to be 16 years old to drive in my state. Perhaps you would like to discuss how these kids are being discriminated against because they can not drive.

I doubt few people have a problem with the law. They likely just do whatever they want to start with. If people were fine with laws, Congress wouldn't have an 85% disapproval rating.

Kids are discriminated against if they allow themselves to be forced into not driving, but they aren't incapable of driving. They can just choose to break the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment