Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 07:54 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,641,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me1313 View Post
That's why telecommute should be mandatory... Work would be more pleasant.
Telecommuting is fantastic. It irks me to no end that there are some 'old school' bosses who think they have to see and watch their employees on a daily basis or they are not doing a good job. I know I telecommute but only because my boss lets me.. but I know others at the same company who do NOT because their bosses are stuck in a time warp!

I do realize that for some jobs, telecommuting is not an option but for the many that have that option, it would be nice to see it get implemented more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 06:00 PM

4,001 posts, read 4,085,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
You have a co-worker that literally brags about brushing their hair? And if that's true, you don't just laugh in her face and walk away?
No, not literally boasting about her ability to brush her hair, but she does verbally give herself kudos from doing an Excel sheet to (actually) arguing with people on the phone. When she does that I can hear big, deep sighs from other cubicles as if to say, "Here we go again!" She has even told people, "The tech was an idiot, but I'll make it right for you."

A case of the Mondays? If she would just stop, thaaaat would be greeaaaaat. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment