Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 11:48 AM

894 posts, read 1,049,854 times

Advertisements

I'm not trying to sound like a b*tch but no employer is going to give a rat's a** that your husband was in the Honor's Society in high school. No Degree/no trade=minimum wage jobs at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 11:48 AM

917 posts, read 1,383,057 times
Just some advice, save up enough money to get by and then move. I am also moving and applying at various jobs in another city (staying in the same state though). If you apply, be prepared for them to want interviews and you’d have to fly out there. (Trust me this has been happening for me). I noticed I got more calls after I deleted my address from my resume. It just has my name, email and phone number. Save up enough money for rent/bills/groceries/ etc…

It really looks like you aren’t in the position to move just yet…

Old 10-16-2014, 08:49 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post
I'm not trying to sound like a b*tch but no employer is going to give a rat's a** that your husband was in the Honor's Society in high school. No Degree/no trade=minimum wage jobs at best.
And that's IF you can get it. There are still loads of applicants for most low paying jobs despite what people will tell you.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:25 AM

10,988 posts, read 20,556,080 times
Get the technical AA degree in Texas. Not knowing his interests it is hard to give recommendations but I assure you that if he becomes a diesel engine technician he will find a job with decent pay almost immediately. There are training programs for CNC technicians which will pay even more if he is good at math.

The cost of living is lower in Texas. You may be able to find a state community college where you will pay in-state tuition.

I can understand wanting to move from Texas to WA but two more years in Texas while earning that technician certification give you a better return on your time and money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment