Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 02:39 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,057,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

This is not every day, but once in a while which leads me to believe the individual is emotionally disturbed.
I should not have read that spoiler, and I presume this is what your own personal eyeballs witnessed.

The person (it/thing) is F'ing SICK and I will meditate and pray that you find out who it is and assist in getting it fired. Not only is this thing is mentally deranged, but they are mean and utterly disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 02:42 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,445,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Oh yes, the hole.

Where to do I begin?

I had the honor to have an internship in Beijing in the summer of 1995 for 3 months. At the institution that I worked at in Beijing, they too had a women's restroom that had holes in the floor. After getting over the initial shock, I used it a few times and was too disgusted to continue the practice. So, me and my fellow American student peers avoided drinking liquids throughout the day just to avoid using 'the hole'. It worked for the most part, but sometimes nature was demanding upon the body.

When out and about the city, I would go into fancy 'Foreigner' hotels and use their Western style facilities.

Nearly 20 years later, I still sometimes have nightmares about falling down into 'the hole'.
Wow!... Just - WOW!

Old 10-20-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I should not have read that spoiler, and I presume this is what your own personal eyeballs witnessed.

The person (it/thing) is F'ing SICK and I will meditate and pray that you find out who it is and assist in getting it fired. Not only is this thing is mentally deranged, but they are mean and utterly disgusting.
Yes, I have seen it.

And our bathrooms were recently upgraded which makes this all the more upsetting.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:38 PM

822 posts, read 1,283,643 times
Isn't the "hole" more hygienic? You have to admit that it is?

Old 10-20-2014, 04:01 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,521,988 times
Quote:

Totally agree. Adults should know better. If someone's dementia is that bad, maybe it's time to retire already. But let me take this a bit further. With the Ebola panic right now, it's especially not a good idea to get near someone's bodily fluids. The bathroom is the perfect place to pick up a terminal disease of any sort that involves fluids and open wounds. People are rushing to releave themselves and that's one way diseases are picked up; when in a hurry and not paying attention. Things like sink areas, handles, doors of stalls, seats, toilet paper, etc.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
Isn't the "hole" more hygienic? You have to admit that it is?
But then you have to think about balance issues!

Old 10-20-2014, 05:37 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,057,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
But then you have to think about balance issues!

Most Westerners also aren't very limber. One must have good control of their thighs and be able to lower themselves safely without tumbling back onto God Almighty only knows. smh

One time while walking around Beijing, I really had to use the bathroom. So much so that I,...

I went into the toilet area of the subway station I was in, and let me just ask ya'll this question, have any of you seen the movie Hell Raiser? The scene where the Cynobites exploded Frank's body?

Yeah. Anyway, needless to say, the shock of the scene made me go into emergency human Camel mode and I eventually made it back to my hotel and relieved myself

Old 10-20-2014, 07:22 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,089,446 times
I read the spoiler.

I have no words.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:01 PM

55 posts, read 59,745 times
Print out a memo and put it in the bathroom to request all to please clean up after themselves, and list the things that shouldn't be done and things that should be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment