Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 09:01 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
One of the things that I've learned is that even those that were raised correctly develop sociopathic tendencies because of the society we live in.

If you don't, you get crapped on constantly.
This. 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 09:06 PM

53 posts, read 68,999 times
I agree with other posters, a high volume call center will fit the bill.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:20 PM

847 posts, read 1,351,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
I'm masochistic, so what career would fit the bill?
I would think Wal-mart would be a great choice.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:53 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,350,260 times
call center.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:00 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
Military.

Nun in a Catholic elementary school.

Filthy Mouths & Bad Attitudes - The Blues Brothers (1/9) Movie CLIP (1980) HD - YouTube

Old 11-01-2014, 10:08 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,434,781 times
go work at an amazon fulfillment center during the holidays.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:30 AM

403 posts, read 557,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbear1234 View Post
Unfortunately I think you are spot on. I am very nice and am constantly getting sh** on, both at work and in my personal life. People are nutty these days and just out for themselves.
Too many people will play nice and then be the first person to stab you in the back when they get the chance. Knowing that, why would I go out of my way to help a coworker? I mean, if they have car trouble, I'll help them get home or help them change the tire or whatever I have to do as long as I don't have an appointment preventing me from doing so. I won't take credit for somebody else's work. Other than those things, what else should be expected of me when I know that most people will take credit for my work if they get the chance or will just flat out lie about me or other coworkers so that they'll look better in the boss's eyes.

As an example, I left early one day a couple of weeks ago because I chipped a tooth on something at lunch so I went to the dentist. An employee on another shift came in and told my boss that he saw me walking in to a bar when I should have been at work had I not left early. There is a bar about 4 blocks from my dentist office, but I wasn't there and only drove by it on the way to the dentist's office, not on the way home because the office is between my work and my home and the bar is also between the 2 places. Anyway, I get to work the next day and even though my boss knew I chipped a tooth, he wanted to see a note from my dentist that I was there and even wanted to know what time I left all because this guy wanted to say stuff about me that wasn't true. I will get him back for it and I won't have to lie about it. He will eventually screw up when I'm around and I'll be the one to make sure that the proper people know about it. See, that's the difference between me and a lot of people. I won't lie to get other people in trouble. There is no need to. The people that are going to screw up will screw up on their own so no need to lie about it happening. I've never met anybody that would lie to their boss about another employee that was a model employee themselves so if they'll say stuff like that about me, then I do know that they will screw up soon enough.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:57 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
I'm masochistic, so what career would fit the bill?

Try teaching English abroad. Actually, the pay isn't half bad compared to minimum wage in the USA, but you aren't paying into Social Security.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:20 AM

687 posts, read 915,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvanderbosch View Post
Pretty much ANY government job!
Those pay peanuts? Pretty sure ANY government job is paying 50-100% over comparable career in the private sector, especially when bennies are factored in.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:43 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,246,115 times
Retail fits those pretty well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment