U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 07:54 PM

1,152 posts, read 959,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Does the company write their payroll checks out of an account with Wells Fargo? If not, that's why you were charged the fee.

If they do bank with WF, that's really bad that they're charging you and I'd complain to my employer.
The account was at WF, but it wasn't a paycheck. I would have just kept the check were it not for the inconvenience of it - might have taken a month or more to get to my bank - I'm a couple hours from the city. In hindsight the thing to do would have been just mail the deposit in to the proper bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 07:58 PM

1,152 posts, read 959,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
Got another job. My now former boss never called us back and he wasn't present in the office this morning, in fact, no one was. Awesome. I'm thankful that I got this new job even though it's a $4,000 pay-cut a year (trust me, it's quite a lot at this point). Now my new job offers weekly pay and direct deposit, so I am okay with the bills for now. Problem is, with my former boss MIA (he's not answering the office phone either), I wonder how long it'll take for me to get my funds.

I could drive by to the office every other day in the early morning, but I'll be going in blind... meaning I'll have no idea if he's there or if anyone is there. This honestly stinks. Looks like paying back my friend for the loan will take a long while...
Glad to hear you got another job - sounds more and more like the first place is on the ropes.

I think you'd be better off going to their bank daily and seeing if the checks would clear. You might get lucky, and the bank wouldn't BS you the way your former boss has been doing. As another poster said you can google the routing number to find the bank name.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Status: "We're all entitled to my own opinion." (set 3 days ago)

17,428 posts, read 8,566,623 times
Prosopis, thanks for the clarification. I guess the charge makes sense since it wasn't a paycheck. Living away from a major city has some wonderful elements, but convenience isn't always one of them.

Sabiya, congratulations on the new job and glad you got it so quickly. Nobody was in at all? The entire company? Are the owners the only ones with keys? If not, it sounds like some of them were informed not to show up.

It sounds like they've closed their doors unofficially. Prosopis has a good suggestion in saying you could try going to their bank every day.

Good luck - I hope you're able to recover what is due you.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:52 PM

661 posts, read 700,966 times
The owners were the ones with the keys only. Yeah, I hope I'll be able to recover what was owed. Lesson learned: don't work at a small start up T_T

Old 11-03-2014, 09:14 PM

13,123 posts, read 18,744,834 times
Default move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
I hope I'll be able to recover what was owed.T
You won't as there is no money to pay you.
Move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or