Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 03:50 PM

587 posts, read 914,324 times

Advertisements

Tell your boss that you will endorse the check over to them and ask them to give you cash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 05:40 PM

659 posts, read 939,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
And for whatever hairbrain reason you did not feel that bit of vital information was important enough to tell us in your first post?

Good luck, your just a waste in my book.
I mentioned it on my first post. I said I went to the bank. Common sense will dictate that you cannot use a bank's services unless you have an account with them, considering they ALWAYS ask for your debit card (I have a pre-paid debit card through Chase) before doing anything for you. Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-06-2014 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: Orphaned (the comment to which you replied has been deleted).

Old 11-01-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
When Chase said they didn't have sufficient funds to cover your paycheck, why did you keep going to other places trying to cash it? They're all going to say there are not sufficient funds to cash your check.

Your coworker was able to cash it because at the time they did so, the company had enough in their account to cover the funds.
I kept trying because three of my coworkers and bosses kept telling me to try and cash it. My thinking was that if it worked for my co-workers, then maybe it was the bank's issue and not the company. As for the NSF fines, I kept in touch with them, neither of my coworkers got hit with the fine. I'll admit that I don't have everyone's numbers, so I don't know how it is with my other co-workers, however, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. It ended up being a bust though.

As for the Monday talk with my boss, I'm quitting on the spot. Unless the funds and the company magically fixes itself and they finally have the funds next week, then I'll keep working until I find other employment, which shouldn't be long. This happened before several months ago, so from my understanding is that every 3-4 months they get behind on their checks. I wasn't employed with them then, but all the employees that worked since then has told me that it fixed itself and everything was going fine until it happened again two weeks ago. I'm not sticking around for the third time, I plan to be long gone before that.

My question is, after checking with their bank, are there any other options I can take?

Old 11-02-2014, 09:50 PM

Wanted to give an update. Friend gave me a loan for my rent, when my checks goes through, I have to pay the friend back in full. I also got two interviews tomorrow, here's hoping for something better.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:15 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,889,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
I mentioned it on my first post. I said I went to the bank. Common sense will dictate that you cannot use a bank's services unless you have an account with them, considering they ALWAYS ask for your debit card (I have a pre-paid debit card through Chase) before doing anything for you. I think you're the waste here.

This is incorrect. You can cash checks at the bank they are written from even if you don't have an account with them. I've done this many times in many states over the years.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:24 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,625,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlowvart View Post
Tell your boss that you will endorse the check over to them and ask them to give you cash.
This ^^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You can cash checks at the bank they are written from even if you don't have an account with them. I've done this many times in many states over the years.
Of course you can. As long as you have proper ID and the party issuing the check has sufficient funds in the account to cover the cheque, it's fine.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:51 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,574,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
I kept trying because three of my coworkers and bosses kept telling me to try and cash it. My thinking was that if it worked for my co-workers, then maybe it was the bank's issue and not the company. As for the NSF fines, I kept in touch with them, neither of my coworkers got hit with the fine. I'll admit that I don't have everyone's numbers, so I don't know how it is with my other co-workers, however, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. It ended up being a bust though.

As for the Monday talk with my boss, I'm quitting on the spot. Unless the funds and the company magically fixes itself and they finally have the funds next week, then I'll keep working until I find other employment, which shouldn't be long. This happened before several months ago, so from my understanding is that every 3-4 months they get behind on their checks. I wasn't employed with them then, but all the employees that worked since then has told me that it fixed itself and everything was going fine until it happened again two weeks ago. I'm not sticking around for the third time, I plan to be long gone before that.

My question is, after checking with their bank, are there any other options I can take?

So you'll keep working for free until you find a job that pays? Interesting.

I did give you another option. I suggested that since they keep insisting the money is there, that they give you cash and as soon as you get it, you'll return the paycheck to them.

That's the only other option there is.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:48 PM

1,152 posts, read 1,275,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This is incorrect. You can cash checks at the bank they are written from even if you don't have an account with them. I've done this many times in many states over the years.
You can, but they seem to be getting pissy about it. Last time I did this I wasn't driving all the way to Albuquerque, where my bank is, so cashed a check at Wells Fargo. Had to pay a $12 fee to do it, they said because I didn't have an account with them.

Old 11-03-2014, 05:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,574,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosopis View Post
You can, but they seem to be getting pissy about it. Last time I did this I wasn't driving all the way to Albuquerque, where my bank is, so cashed a check at Wells Fargo. Had to pay a $12 fee to do it, they said because I didn't have an account with them.
Does the company write their payroll checks out of an account with Wells Fargo? If not, that's why you were charged the fee.

If they do bank with WF, that's really bad that they're charging you and I'd complain to my employer.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:59 PM

Got another job. My now former boss never called us back and he wasn't present in the office this morning, in fact, no one was. Awesome. I'm thankful that I got this new job even though it's a $4,000 pay-cut a year (trust me, it's quite a lot at this point). Now my new job offers weekly pay and direct deposit, so I am okay with the bills for now. Problem is, with my former boss MIA (he's not answering the office phone either), I wonder how long it'll take for me to get my funds.

I could drive by to the office every other day in the early morning, but I'll be going in blind... meaning I'll have no idea if he's there or if anyone is there. This honestly stinks. Looks like paying back my friend for the loan will take a long while...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment