Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 07:42 PM

42 posts, read 122,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTE1969 View Post
Exactly! That's what my mom did with corrupt Principal, and she reported them for that to defend herself.

Yeah, I never heard of such things either! I couldn't understand her!

Sorry school lingo I guess!

We have a rubric with standards and the standards have domains that go with it. We get a score on the domains and I have to show an artifact for every domain. An artifact is basically your evidence that you met that goal. Can be a document, picture, flyer, etc.

What October said is what I am also facing right now. I'm trying to meet the rubric everyday so that when she evaluates me I am ready. Knowing her though, she will say I could have done it a different way, and then I am pushed back to minimally effective. I have to meet the demands of the evaluation and also be expected to do my job. On top of it all of the people in my same position at the school have to do this huge spread sheet based off our caseload (mine is 400 students). It has to be updated regularly with a lot of information. This spreadsheet takes HOURS to do! When that's done we then have to meet with students who appear at risk on the spreadsheet. I have no idea how one can possibly get all this done.

I may be the "odd man" at my school. Staff seems to love her and think she's great. According to my coworker (who also loves her), when she first came to the school there was a high turn over rate of staff. This is her 3rd year in and she has left the staff she wanted.

I'm going to stop sharing info with my coworker. I feel like she and I have become friends but at this point I don't know if I can trust her when I need to vent. My coworker has been asking me about resignation and I feel to some extent that she also wants me out. Maybe I'm the one with the problem. Who knows. I just know I am going to wait to resign until the very last moment so that I can still keep my health benefits.

Oh yeah you know how I said she wouldn't let me use those 2 days before Thanksgiving off? I just found out in our meeting that she is taking them off...... What a *****!!! I don't know how people can work under someone like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 07:47 PM

389 posts, read 426,602 times
The other staff probably don't like her as much as they appear. Sounds like they are probably *as kissers.'

Old 11-23-2014, 12:47 AM

Well the oddest thing just happened. The assistant principal who called me a liar is basically trying to act like my best friend now. She needed my cell phone number to contact me and saw my area code was from her home town. We had a conversation over 2 hours in her office about mainly non work related things. I thought she was trying to be my friend until my mother told me that maybe she is trying to get info on me to report back to the principal. I really hope that isn't it because I think I said too much to her... I know she is a boss first, friend second. I just felt like she was reaching out because she even invited me to lunch in the future.

The next day she quietly called me into her office to say that 2 people in my department complained about me saying that I was taking lunch breaks that are over an hour. I've never taken lunch breaks that long. I admit there were times I took over our 30 minute break but never an hour or more... Maybe something like 45 minutes in which I would just stay late anyway. I did that for maybe a month 3 days a week because my dog had to be on a special diet and the side effect was diarrhea so I spent my lunch breaks getting him outside! She said she just wanted me to know in case that in the future they go to the principal!

I asked her if it was a certain woman I work with who made it clear that she doesn't like me and she said no. There's only 5 other people and I really don't think any of them would snitch! I really hope the principal doesn't address this with me since I stopped doing that awhile ago! I admit that taking breaks that were 15 minutes longer than others isn't professional but I felt like I had to for my dog who I love.

I really want to resign after 1 semester because I have to go through 2 more evaluations but I'm just sucking it up to have this year on my resume. My will power everyday is basically gone. I don't even care if when I resign at the end of the year, I don't qualify for unemployment because I now hate my job, my coworkers, and still where I live!

Old 11-23-2014, 10:37 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,424,666 times
This sounds like a really bad example of workplace mobbing.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:01 AM

389 posts, read 426,602 times
Sounds like your principal is a bi**tch and likes to play games.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
I'm in the minority but I'm seeing an attitude displayed that may be part of the struggle you're having.

You said you know you only get 30 minutes for lunch, but three days a week for a month you took 45 because your dog was on a special diet, and you acknowledged it was unprofessional, but justified it by saying you love your dog.

In other words, 'I know the rules but I wasn't about to follow them because I love my dog.'

No discussion with anyone to ask permission to do that, you just took it upon yourself.

I think you're probably contributing more to your problems than you want to believe.

And fyi, your manager isn't your "boss first, friend second", she's just your boss.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:03 PM

=( I just wrote a long response back to you but it didn't show up! I do agree with you to some degree but it is clear at my workplace that the rules apply to me and not to anyone else. I could mention that my office-mate regularly is gone hours a week for beauty appointments but it accomplishes nothing and makes me look petty. I'm hoping to get another position before the end of the year and breaking my contract.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment