Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 10:21 AM

828 posts, read 903,418 times

Advertisements

I wish that were a dead giveaway that I nailed the interview! But I've learned it's dangerous to look for signs either way. I've walked out of interviews thinking I bombed them, and got the job. I've hustled in other interviews and ended up getting passed over. I've decided not to get too caught up in the analyzing

Keep in mind a few things:
--some people are generally very diligent about their hiring process. They spend the same amount of time with everyone, ask the same questions, and heck, maybe even create a spreadsheet with ratings for various qualifications metrics.
--Some people use interviewing time to run away from their actual work. I've seen it. They're bored, lazy, whatever, and take up a lot of time in interviews, because it's an opportunity.
--Some jobs require a certain aptitude, personality, whatever. You need a thorough interview process to determine the person's actual fit for the job.

Glad you are mentally moving on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 11:28 AM

27 posts, read 35,060 times
Mentally moving on is the best route to go. I know how you feel, you try to read the tea leafs or try to analyze words/mannerism, but that just makes your mind go in ten different directions. There so many factors that go into the hiring decision. As I have learned the last couple of months, all you can do is try to present yourself in the best way possible and hope it goes In your favor.
I do feel to that timing comes into play as well, and oh yeah, it doesn't hurt If you might know someone or have some type of connection.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:20 PM

27 posts, read 35,060 times
I was sent a notification to take a excel assessment. I have data analysis background, so on a daily basis I utilized it. I thought I was pretty good, but I struggled on it. If its a determining factor on the final say, then it doesn't look good.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:55 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,707,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
I had a great interview yesterday for an Executive Assistant position with a CEO of a health organization. My interview was at 10am, and it ended at 12:25pm. It was just me and him and we talked about a host of personal interests, the healthcare industry, aspects of the job, his background, my background. It was an engaging and informal type interview. He told me he interviewed two other candidates and he has one more today (Tuesday), he'll make a decision by Wednesday.

Do you think that based on the longer than normal or expected interview, that I may have nailed it ? I feel good about it, but I felt that way about two other interviews I had earlier this year that did not go in my favor.

Thoughts?
It sounds very promising to me.

Old 11-25-2014, 03:33 PM

98 posts, read 268,333 times
You talked about "A host of your personal interests"? Umm, that's creepy. And yes, this guy really has too much time on his hands or is avoiding his REAL work.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:37 PM

2,845 posts, read 5,997,273 times
Yup keep plugging along! I once had an all day interview, I met everyone working in the lab, got a tour, etc. I thought wow, I must have the job I've been here over FOUR hours! Nope. Never heard from them, was a little annoyed.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,865,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
Yup keep plugging along! I once had an all day interview, I met everyone working in the lab, got a tour, etc. I thought wow, I must have the job I've been here over FOUR hours! Nope. Never heard from them, was a little annoyed.
Once lady gave me a tour, introduced me to staff and showed me where the refrigerator was and never heard from them either lol

Old 11-26-2014, 11:47 AM

2,845 posts, read 5,997,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Once lady gave me a tour, introduced me to staff and showed me where the refrigerator was and never heard from them either lol
bastards!

Old 11-26-2014, 12:01 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,402,861 times
In my opinion anything over two hours better come with a meal.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:24 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,050,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
Dang, what a tease.

Sorry you didn't get it. Hopefully you found something equally as good or even better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search