Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 02:26 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Can't believe this wasn't asked already. What was the question? And how were you answering it?
The question I was answering when he yelled at me to shut up pertained to a school course I took which was on listed on my resume. He wanted to know what the course taught- what it was about. As I was on the third point of the course is when he got upset. Very weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 02:32 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,480 times
Kudos. Good for you. I'm with you all the way on this one. When someone asks me a question and interrupts me like the way he did to you, I'd be out of there too. I love it how people justify this by "what if he had Tourette's or was a schizo..." What if he was Donald Dump and offered you a six figure job and a role on the next Apprentice show? I'd STILL tell him to Mod cut. It's extremely disrespectful and I would worry about how he would treat me after he hired me, if that's how rude he is at the interview. He's a loser schlump. Now write a letter to his higher up big dog detailing what happened. If they don't fire him, they might at least embarrass him. Wow. Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-23-2014 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:35 PM

522 posts, read 695,049 times
LOVE the fact that he came running after you! Those companies love to act like they're all in control of the situation when, in reality, they probably need you just as much as you would need them.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:00 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
I've got a bridge to sell the OP. . .

Old 11-21-2014, 03:01 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,187,812 times
I agree with some of the replies. If it was unprofessional of the interviewer to say "shut up", it was equally unprofessional for the OP to say "F off". I would have confronted the interviewer and asked if there was a problem. And if he had no justificaion for what he did, tell the HR rep in the room that you refuse to work for an individual who does not have respect for his coworkers and then leave.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:06 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
Wow just wow.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:11 PM

because "corporate America' is full of Mod cut. schlumps like that interviewer who probably got the job because of favoritism or some other "thing." I see this type of thing in larger companies more often than smaller ones. I see nothing wrong with the way OP handled it. So you cursed him out. He deserved it.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-23-2014 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:11 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
This makes no sense.

He offered NO explanation? Not even in the parking lot?

Maybe he thought he heard gunshots in the hallway and needed to listen for a minute.

Either you're leaving out details here or you failed to ask a couple of key follow-up questions there.

Weird all around.
No details are being left out. It happened exactly as I stated. No, there were no gunshots at all. No strange thumps. No car crashes. No employees screaming for help. No burglars barging in. NOTHING. The guy put his hand up and gestured for me to stop. I stopped speaking mid sentence and then he told me to shut up after I stopped talking. It wasn't a "shut up, get out of here" like you tell your friends when you're joking around. It was a SHUT UP as in ****! Anyway, this was about 10-15 minutes into the interview. I had only answered about 4-5 questions. Before that the three of us had a little chit chat regarding the area. Small talk stuff. Anyway, the HR girl was TOTALLY stunned. Her mouth was W-I-D-E open. I was answering a question about a school course I took. It was on my resume. It was strange. What was even more strange was the cold, long stare into my eyes he gave me. I got up and told the HR girl thank you for calling me (she qualified me over the phone for the interview and she confirmed the interview a day before via phone). I shook her hand and then I turned over to the interviewer and said what I said. As I walked out the front door I told the young receptionist thank you.

As I said, as I was driving out of the parking lot he motioned for me to stop. I drove towards him. I stopped my car, rolled down the window and he apologized. He said he liked me. He gave no explanation whatsoever. He was shaking like a leaf. He was about 35 years old. He had a burly beard like lots of the guys wear now.

I really don't care if I was unprofessional as he was. He has lots more to lose than me. I'm already employed. Just wanted something a bit more closer to home. No big deal. I will keep looking. Him, on the other hand, may lose his job if the HR lady lets the 'higher- ups' know. Who knows? Not my problem. Something for him to think about. That's it. My rant of the year.

-Cheers.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:13 PM

This forum is rampant crazy with those stone cold drunk on KoolAid who will defend any behavior by any corporate entity or certifiably nutty interviewers. It never ceases to amaze me.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:18 PM

I would harrass him on facebook or twitter, had he abused me like that at an interview.I would have made him cry like a baby in the parking lot. He must have been off his meds that day. Still though, there's no excuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search