Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 08:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times

Advertisements

Your note about the steroids reminds me of a neighbor who had NHL and was on high doses that she said left her bouncing off the walls.

At any rate, these meetings are really only relevant to people who write prescriptions. The pharma rep brings in lunch, and nurses, PA's, doctors can attend to learn about new drugs, new findings with old drugs, etc. It's a way to get face time and push their products so the healthcare workers will write prescriptions for their brand.

You're worrying about something you shouldn't worry about given your current challenge with your health. I suggest you let it go. You can't write scripts, these lunch and learns aren't going to benefit you in any way, and the only way I see them benefiting the manager is if a certain number of people are expected to be in attendance. That's her problem, not yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 01:44 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
this cancer treatment has a risk of possible endocrine damage. none so far tho. i was telling this woman that my oncologist will refer me to an endocrinologist if i develop any problems. this med secretary tells me with a sneer and curled lip that i should instead see the doc that she sees and has worked with. who on earth would get a referral from this moron as opposed to being referred from one's oncologist?

everything is about her own profit and gain while pretending to be concerned about your health

this woman has offered me sedatives which i swiftly declined, her son had multiple convictions for drug sales and a host of other offenses like DWI and DWAI, this woman has a series of license suspensions and even rollover accidents, no way i would ever accept a ride from her to these things

our new staff nurse resigned because she couldn't work with the med secy and i found that the staff nurse herself had her license suspended in another state

we had a psychiatrist from 2003-2010 who was convicted of offering a false instrument for filing, a felony in 2003. his sentence was actually working as an "MHA" (mental health assistant paraprofessional) until he got his license restored. and it took him only a year to get it back

our place is so so corrupt but yes im gonna forget about this

Old 11-25-2014, 09:00 AM

344 posts, read 551,050 times
As a social worker, you know that the conditions of the body and mind reflect each other constantly. i agree about the blood sugar.

Don't know if you've been exposed to Candace Pert's work, but in one of them she states that cancer is directly related to toxic exposure. What she doesn't say in that work, but I would add, is that toxic exposure can be related to the psychological and emotional environment as well.

In my case I had a sibling who has behavior issues a lot like your nemesis, and after the sibling moved back into our family home my mother began to show signs of distress and then got cancer. Nothing anyone could prove, but life is not a double-blind study. I got a dose when I moved in myself to go through the family estate and saw the other side of the sibling's behavior come out. The sibling could be normal for a while, then the cracks began to show and eruptions happened.

Where I'm going is that leaving that office would be my very first priority, IMO it's life and death urgency. I feel so much better when I am away from toxic people, being cooped up in a drama with someone manipulative and malevolent is going to take a toll on anyone.

Quote:
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by *******s. --William Gibson

Old 11-25-2014, 09:06 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post

this is really getting to me. i don't know which way to go with this
Bottom line, she is getting kickbacks from the drug rep and that's why she wants you to go.

Just tell her to leave you the eff alone, and leave you out of her nasty scheming ways.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:30 AM

convex you are right. another co worker told me today she does get kickbacks. id love to leave but unfortunately i need my job and insurance to pay for my treatment (which will end 12/5) and scans and follow ups, which will decline over time should i get better

too bad im not paying her "salary" with my free time after working hours.

very depressing posts(re toxic environment and cancer) but at the same time very informative and mature. you posters all show a good sense of balance (ie knowing how to present a difficult topic from all sides of the coin).

Old 11-25-2014, 10:45 AM

even if i go once this is going to be taken as an opportunity for "income" for her in the future

i understand that if i don't attend one of the other social workers may "have to" attend (like she has often told me "I want you to go" or "you have to go"). but since this was never presented this to us formally (like "all social workers must attend") but rather as an invitation to dinners, i think its best to stand my ground

should this turn ugly, i could try to make a case for workplace bullying, harrassment, intimidation or coerced labor outside working hours, regardless if i am a complainant or complainee, do you see what i mean?

lets say i end up fired or quit due to intolerable working conditions having to do with these dinners, would an UI judge demand to know how this stuff works with respect to why i am being pushed to attend even tho the dinners have nothing to do with my job description?

im not planning to get fired or quit but do you see what i am getting to?

Old 11-25-2014, 10:56 AM

One way to get her to shut up is to ask her if she is reporting her secondary income to the IRS.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:02 AM

oh tax fraud is her forte. for years shes been on the phone with the IRS, DMV attorneys etc during work time. always how theyve done her wrong

what i really want to do is play dumb about the kickbacks acting like i know nothing about it but asking questions that may INSINUATE that i know. i want to try to create evidence of workplace bullying or interference with my work duties so i will have a leg to stand on. HR says to report anyone who interferes with your ability to get your work done etc but we all know HR is just another CYA operation. besides all theyll do is tell me to go to my immediate supervisor about it

Old 11-25-2014, 11:04 AM

Just stay out of it, and don't go. That's the only way to deal with it.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:12 AM

since her office is right outside the staff bathrooms, she often calls me to talk to "set me up" to try to get me to go to these dinners

what i have to learn how to do is walk past her when she calls me. like "I have explosive diarrhea, gotta go!" which i in fact have had from my cancer treatment...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment