Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 10:59 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,285,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomman View Post
I'm tired of hearing from all of these geezers about how hard they worked, how bad they had it, how they "earned every penny" on and on.

BS!

You grew up and worked during the richest time in human history, when industrial civilization was expanding and resources and money were widely available.

Now we have overpopulated the planet, the oil and resources are being used up, you hoarded all of the wealth and yet we young and healthy people are supposed to support everyone while the banks destroy the currencies?

You've got another thing coming if you think that's the case. Watch out in your nursing homes is all I can say.
Olduvai theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Industrial Civilization is a 100 year time span from 1930-2030. So your claim that it is the richest time in human history (source?) means that we are living in that right now in 2014. If that's the case, then what you need to do is pull yourself up by your own bootstraps and get to work, because right now according to your claim is the time span of the industrial civilization where things are expanding and resources and money are widely available. But you would be correct, the interest rates are very low, lowest in a very long time, the stock market is up, housing prices are increasing and unemployment figures have decreased. If you are not participating within the richest time in human history, if I were you, I wouldn't brag about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 12:03 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
You're right. Half the people on here saying crap like that are a bunch of rich business-owners and realtors. I'm not saying they didn't work hard to get where they are, but they don't see the struggles of workers today and thus really have no reason to comment.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:21 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
What's the deal with all these whiny posts from my fellow 20 somethings? Seems like every time I log on to City Data I see posts about how Boomers should all be fired, people should be forced to retire at x age, etc, etc.

Deal with it guys, life sucks. The truth is, 75% of my fellow 20 somethings do not want to work to the extent required of the positions held by the Boomers. Many millennials expect everything to be handed to them, they wouldent know hardship if it hit them in the face. My grandfather grew up in a working class neighborhood in Brooklyn at the height of the Depression. My boomer dad was the first in his family to go to college, he earned his way through life and if he wants to work till whatever age then so be it.

I am so f--king fed up of my fellow mellenials blaming everything on vaguely defined "rich people", boomers, other vaguely defined "old people", Republicans, etc.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:38 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
That is because you, my dear OP, have not learned the fine art of getting paid for slacking.

No one taught us that, either. We had to learn it on the job. It was dangerous, risky business.

Unless you were working in a union shop.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:02 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,047,333 times
Quote:
I'm tired of hearing from all of these geezers about how hard they worked, how bad they had it, how they "earned every penny" on and on.

BS!

You grew up and worked during the richest time in human history, when industrial civilization was expanding and resources and money were widely available.

Now we have overpopulated the planet, the oil and resources are being used up, you hoarded all of the wealth and yet we young and healthy people are supposed to support everyone while the banks destroy the currencies?

You've got another thing coming if you think that's the case. Watch out in your nursing homes is all I can say.
Then turn your video game back on and waste some more fossil fuels lighting up the big screen with your digital wars and wait for the welfare check to arrive again sunshine.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:13 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
The truth is that when everything is taken into consideration, our generation has it far worse than at least the preceding two generations. And when it comes to generations that were (perhaps) further back, we have..........
1967 huh? Ask a minority if things are better today than the preceding generations.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:19 PM

906 posts, read 711,920 times
these days you have a billion chinese and a billion indians waiting for your job. 1st world dominance came to an end. especially with this internet mess where work can be done wherever. back in the day, if you lived in america...you were set. these days...not so much haha

it is what it is. just make it happen.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:40 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,063 times
Quote:

BS!

They used all the wealth on wars. Now we have to deal ith the consequences. I hate America.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:48 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
They used all the wealth on wars. Now we have to deal ith the consequences. I hate America.
There's a solution to your problem. Move.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
What's the deal with all these whiny posts from my fellow 20 somethings? Seems like every time I log on to City Data I see posts about how Boomers should all be fired, people should be forced to retire at x age, etc, etc.

Deal with it guys, life sucks. The truth is, 75% of my fellow 20 somethings do not want to work to the extent required of the positions held by the Boomers. Many millennials expect everything to be handed to them, they wouldent know hardship if it hit them in the face. My grandfather grew up in a working class neighborhood in Brooklyn at the height of the Depression. My boomer dad was the first in his family to go to college, he earned his way through life and if he wants to work till whatever age then so be it.

I am so f--king fed up of my fellow mellenials blaming everything on vaguely defined "rich people", boomers, other vaguely defined "old people", Republicans, etc.
Ohhhhh suuuure - you're probably a rich business owner or realtor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment