Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 09:34 AM

6,457 posts, read 7,789,115 times

Advertisements

OP, don't listen to all these negative ninnies. These saps just don't understand.

Watcha need to do is this:

Before you get to work medicate yourself with alcohol...lots and lots of alcohol. Low level stuff works best. I recommend Gordon's vodka. And keep a bottle in your drawer at the office in case you need another dose.

These anger managment groups/classes only take you so far. You need to first medicate in order for the classes to have an affect and really get better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 09:54 AM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
OP, don't listen to all these negative ninnies. These saps just don't understand.

Watcha need to do is this:

Before you get to work medicate yourself with alcohol...lots and lots of alcohol. Low level stuff works best. I recommend Gordon's vodka. And keep a bottle in your drawer at the office in case you need another dose.

These anger managment groups/classes only take you so far. You need to first medicate in order for the classes to have an affect and really get better.
Couple the cheap liquor with a few 20 sacs of blow, and you are sure to succeed.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:59 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
It's too bad you cannot teach common sense. If you are seriously asking if raising a fist is considered a threat, you may make a mistake again.

Is holding a bat up to someone a threat? A knife? A fist is viewed as the same type of weapon.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:16 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Well, here's the verdict.....
For her, write-up for speaking in an unprofessional, disrespectful manner.
For me, likewise, with 2-day suspension for fist gesture, mandatory anger-management/sensitivity training. Apologies flew all over the room. Our boss, our boss' boss, us two "combatants" all in attendance. I was sternly told, "You're getting off easy...next time, walk away if you feel your heat rising! Blow a gasket, blow a job."
Sounds like you have reasonable bosses whose desire is to work this out and keep you both as employees but making it clear this behaviour will not be tolerated from anyone.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:33 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,806,919 times
Remember that first grade saying
See this finger
See this thumb
See this fist
You better run!

I wouldn't make a fist I'm sorry it just is not needed in an office environment. Some people take things different. I worked in an office which was known for having people walk in and would be quite loud. The cubical walls were large to the point where no one would know at first who was and was not in. So we put a sign up. Now it didn't say it was against anyone..well it was really for one person. Someone else thought it was about her and she was embarrassed. An announcement beforehand probably would have avoided that.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:37 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
Um, YES.

That's just not something you do in an office. I'd have fired you.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:58 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Really you need to ask? Yes. Get some anger management classes if you don't think that is a threat.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:34 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
The 2-day thing is his suspension. I suspect the anger management training will be more of an ongoing thing.

Am I correct, OP?

Correct. The 2-days I sit home without pay.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:43 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Guys (and gals) I know that I have been told about my anger issues. And I appreciate it immensely. But the one thing that sets me off is condescension and bullying. I had a past instance, and some of you remember, where a coworker was attacked, and I went after the attacker. Yes, I was corrected, but maybe that's my weakness: I don't like bullying! If it's school age kids, one thing. But grown professional adults who know better...I mean, maybe I'm naive, but come on.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:53 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Guys (and gals) I know that I have been told about my anger issues. And I appreciate it immensely. But the one thing that sets me off is condescension and bullying. I had a past instance, and some of you remember, where a coworker was attacked, and I went after the attacker. Yes, I was corrected, but maybe that's my weakness: I don't like bullying! If it's school age kids, one thing. But grown professional adults who know better...I mean, maybe I'm naive, but come on.
No, you come on. You are the one acting like a bully. And here you are trying to make it seem like you're not the bad guy. You couldn't be more wrong. A professional, clear-headed individual would have walked away, but you got in your coworker's face and then raised your fist at her.

You should get off the computer and start making your appointment for your anger management. You've just been suspended and you still don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment