Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 04:51 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,577,640 times

Advertisements

Don't worry about it... But don't list them as a work reference either....
Somethings are better just left along... What goes around comes around and she'll get hers in the end.
Be thankful you learned this early into the job. Just start over without them and go forward.
New grad, new job, new world...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 07:56 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,433,014 times
Sounds like it was a bad fit and you did the right thing.

I have worked with people like that and saw it from both sides...unreasonable boss who has high expectations (even at minimum wage) and some of the slowest employees who work with no sense of urgency. I'm not saying that you're a bad employee because I don't know but I have seen my share of employees who don't answer the phone until the 4th ring even though they aren't doing anything, walking slowly, not working with a sense of urgency, inability to multitask (will sit on hold on the phone and not do anything else), not paying attention to detail, etc.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:07 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
...But I'd also look for a new staffing firm. They knew what they were sending you into, which is why there was no interview...
Absolutely correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
And just as an aside note:

You can buy stamps through a machine at the post office without standing in the package line. And yes, even holiday stamps. You can mail stuff too. Much, much faster.
No, not all PO's have stamp machines that spit out holiday or other "decorative stamps." Some don't have stamp machines at all.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:10 PM

14 posts, read 10,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
Sounds like it was a bad fit and you did the right thing.

I have worked with people like that and saw it from both sides...unreasonable boss who has high expectations (even at minimum wage) and some of the slowest employees who work with no sense of urgency. I'm not saying that you're a bad employee because I don't know but I have seen my share of employees who don't answer the phone until the 4th ring even though they aren't doing anything, walking slowly, not working with a sense of urgency, inability to multitask (will sit on hold on the phone and not do anything else), not paying attention to detail, etc.
I agree with you. But my point is, even if you don't like an employee for whatever reasons (no matter how good or bad the employee is), just be polite and fire them. Why abuse ? Why insult ? I'd have happily quit anyway as this wasn't my kind of work environment. She took it personally when I said that I quit the job. Hence she shouted that I didn't quit, they are dumping me. She got emotional about it! That just made her seem like a lunatic, not me. I maintained my calm & walked out politely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litefoot View Post
Don't worry about it... But don't list them as a work reference either....
Somethings are better just left along... What goes around comes around and she'll get hers in the end.
Be thankful you learned this early into the job. Just start over without them and go forward.
New grad, new job, new world...
Spot on. I'm never listing them as a work reference. I have to leave this behind and start a new chapter ! Just that such bad experiences can make a person feel apprehensive or negative. With time this feeling shall go away.

Last edited by Chocolatecreamcake17; 12-19-2014 at 08:20 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 08:13 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatecreamcake17 View Post
I agree with you. But my point is, even if you don't like an employee for whatever reasons (no matter how good or bad the employee is), just be polite and fire them. Why abuse ? Why insult ? I'd have happily quit anyway as this wasn't my kind of work environment. She took it personally when I said that I quit the job. Hence she shouted that I didn't quit, they are dumping me. She got emotional about it! That just made her seem like a lunatic, not me. I maintained my calm & walked out politely.
Because there are shi-tty people out there, as employers and employees.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:58 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
OP, there's no excuse for how this beotch treated you and ringwise is just enjoying pulling your chain. I'd like to be a fly on the wall and send him/her into that devil's den of a workplace and see how many minutes he/she lasts! Lol
Don't respond to that silliness anymore. You did the right thing and you should not have to keep justifying your behavior to further badgering. Walk away and hold your head high!

Old 12-21-2014, 09:57 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,763,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Ah, so you didn't like her tone or attitude. Yup, you definitely have some issues with authority. Your excuse about the dress code is a good one on the first day. After that, you're just being stubborn.

I also doubt 90% of the supposed "abuse" that you've suffered. Unless you were so completely incompetent that it was the only way to get through to you. But in 4 days, I doubt that.
Authority doesn't boil down to abuse. How you even came to the conclusion that the OP has problems with authority is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment