Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 10:23 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Had a somewhat frustrating experience earlier this week. We have a full time job opening we've been advertising. Had a very qualified person interview with me earlier this week. Interview seemed like it went very well. The candidate came off as very interested and engaged with the job and the business.

After interviewing a couple other candidates with a 24 hour span, I decided to offer this first person the job. I called her literally about 24 hours after interviewing her. It was fairly late in the day (about 4:30 PM)...I left her a voice message. By noon the next day, I hadn't heard back. I sent her an email, basically just saying, "Hey _____, I left you a voice message yesterday to follow up on our meeting. I know you may have been at work already when I called. If you're still interested, please call me today."

Well, never heard back from this person, so I am assuming they are no longer interested. It's just annoying, since the interview seemed like it went so well, that they can't at least send me an email to let me know they are no longer interested in the job (or whatever the reasoning is). This isn't the first time this has happened to me in eight years as a business owner. People tend to be passive aggressive, for whatever reason. At least I have a fall back option available.
Why is it even an issue if the person you are trying to contact has not returned the call in 2 days? Just offer the job to the next person in competition for the job and be done with it. And if someone really wants a job they will not take 24 hours to respond back. My current job called me at 7pm in the evening to offer me the job and I was like........"HELLO lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment