Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 08:30 AM

7,034 posts, read 14,473,638 times

Advertisements

Working more than 50 hours makes you less productive

Even if your goal is to do as much work for your employer as possible, it's not as simple as working as many hour as you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 10:56 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,101,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Working more than 50 hours makes you less productive

Even if your goal is to do as much work for your employer as possible, it's not as simple as working as many hour as you can.
Don't know why this isn't getting repped, or responded to more.
Especially in my line of work, it seems they have this mentality that if someone has a sleep-related accident, there's always another "warm body" to fill the seat.

I'm getting myself to work the hours and days I'm scheduled, but even I'm trying to find ways to cut it down below the 50-60 hour mark.
Shouldn't be any excuse as to why we can't get more drivers to cut down on the amount of hours what few of us there are have to work.
Some complain that they're not paid enough.
Others blame the oilfield scams that some lesser-read drivers chase after like cartoon characters.

Whatever the case, I feel as though management and HR does squat to get more people on over here and any "hope talk" is just that.

As far overtime because of someone getting sick, I either hang up, tell them to take a flying leap, or any other number of overtime refusals.

We're truck drivers/milk pumpers, not firefighters or ER nurses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment