Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:56 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,068,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Good news, it sounds like, for you. I won't pass judgement based on what I THINK you should be earning, for it's a scant few of us who earn as much as we'd like.

If you have a moment of happiness and contentment with this new title, then that's a WIN for you, friend!!
How can you write that and NOT tell?!?! Do share.

Honestly, it's about being given the chance to change careers. Not necessarily about the job title and wages. Well, wages matter, but opportunities is what I'm looking at now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 06:59 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,068,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilide View Post
I am very happy to hear this and happy for you! (sorry that is a little weird, we don't know each other I know). That is a great development. The way you explain it makes me think that they find you a great asset for their company and want to move you onto better things and utilize your talents as much as they can; which can only be all positives for you. Now you'll get your trial period so you can decide which is the better fit (how perfect!)

I'm assuming now that this job will have more flexibility you are going to take it. Awesome. Good luck!
Thanks. I feel that they do want me to do utilize my talents as much as I can (or they can). And that's a first. At my last job, yeah, they liked me using my talents, but they refused to pay me for it, stating what I was doing was still "administrative work", even though no one else did what I did and I was basically their graphics department.

So, this is a a push in the right direction. It's giving me an opportunity I otherwise never would have gotten. I mean, let's be real, who would hire someone for a tech job, when they haven't been in the industry or had a job related to it, in over 10 years? I probably wouldn't. Entry level or not, they'd have to prove to me, via testing before being hired. I didn't even have to do that.

I don't think I have a choice to take it or not. They basically told me they're changing my job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment