Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 11:10 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,163,903 times

Advertisements

sorry

i'm sure you'll find another job. try not to let it get to you. someone else will appreciate your hard work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 11:19 PM

206 posts, read 303,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
sorry

i'm sure you'll find another job. try not to let it get to you. someone else will appreciate your hard work
life sucks so much, i am tired of losing in life

Old 01-30-2015, 11:47 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,397,703 times
Are you a team player? Especially if you're new, observe how the office dynamics works. Who is your immediate superior? Do you give them the respect they deserve or are you currying favor with another higher up? How do you handle criticism or correction? If you're argumentative, oppositional or hostile appearing and/or keep repeating the same habit that they don't like - not good. Do you make sure you do what you're asked or supposed to do, or do you appear at times to be inserting yourself into others' tasks without being asked to? Do you exhibit common sense and intuition? Is your appearance neat and appropriate for the industry? Do you have a positive attitude?

You're not a loser unless you choose to have that perception of yourself.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:12 AM

31 posts, read 34,748 times
Because he feels I am a threat to his job and could expose the truth. The bottom line Is I would never want that position.
It's always about personality(ego. Kissing a $$) hardly never about actual productivity. Don't belive your skill set will get you through life alone.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:54 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Even people who understand those realities are capable of relating to them in a manner that is more positive, more constructive, more supportive. Those people are better workers than those who work hard, but have and perhaps spread low morale.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:56 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Maybe the boss doesn't like the way you style your hair?

That sounds ridiculous; however, there are managers who choose their staff based on chemistry (how they get along with the employees); or based on how much the employee kisses their back side; how it may come down to 'who you know'.

In other words, many, many reasons.

If a boss doesn't like you, be thankful you can exit stage left.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:08 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
ok, so i work at a retail store, and i am a intern trying to prove myself to the bosses. most of the bosses want me to work there, but the hiring boss decided that i am NOt a candidate......... how can that be when 99% of the coworkers say i do a good job... i am impaired slightly mentally, but i can do the job well, and the main bosses reason for why she feel i am not good enough is, i did not complete some tasks and return to her.
she is not even the manager that gives us assignments, she just came around and helped the other managers and made a judgement. i always do what the manager tells me to, even the main boss wanted to hire me for a while and now she is saying this.. i cant understand this. things like this make me hate life, what should i do ?
It's not you, it's her. Keep the faith, keep working hard and you'll soon be rewarded. Be happy for what you do have. God bless.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:11 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Peter, you are just learning one of the hard lessons of life.........that sometimes there are NO answers as to why something happens. In your case, it might be something or it might be nothing at all that is causing your dismissal.

We have ALL had things like this happen to us, ALL of us. We simply have to put on our big boy pants and move on and learn from the experience. Don't dwell on it too much or it will consume you.

You seem to have the right attitude, and know that working hard is important, so just keep at it and the right situation will come up. Trust me, it will.

Don

Old 01-31-2015, 06:12 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Sometimes internships don't lead to a full time job. It's unfortunate, but that's how business works. Hopefully you can parlay your work experience into something else. Good luck.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:56 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,377,574 times
This question has always amazed me in life.
I've had bosses (one man shows) that actually wanted to fail. they'd hire, promote, and be more comfortable with idiots that spent their business money and did't threaten them with change or ideas.
That's a good reason you may not want to work with a "one man show", where it all rides on the emotional reasoning of one person.

I would think that part of an "internship" would be a debriefing on both sides as to progress, lack of satisfaction, etc. as it should cut both ways. It's relatively new as an idea and I admit I don't know too much about it.
Too many people end up in HR as a slot to put them in, and they have little business being there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment