Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 09:38 PM

159 posts, read 192,909 times

Advertisements

You sound angry and if you're venting then cool but if your actually blaming your lack of observatory skills and inability to retain employees on the people you yourself are picking then I see the fault in your perspective. Can you rant about unemployed peoples accountability and then in the same breath display none for yourself ? How much are you paying and for what type of work? "Easy work environments" always exist when you talk to the management it seems. "Flaking" and choosing not to come back and work for you are two totally different things. If they came to you for work and worked it's not very likely they didn't want to work; It could be the situation isn't as good as you are thinking. Maybe if you bring on a trusted person ask them to do the same "easy work" for the same pay rate for a week or two maybe the feedback they can give you can help resolve your "flaky" employee issues. Some people don't think it's beneficial to take a lesser job and lose their unemployment income. Employment is considered something that should be progressive and many don't realize their only qualified skills were in a solitary field until it's too late. Some fields are extremely hard to find jobs in. You can't expect them to lower the bar if they have a way to survive until the right job comes. You don't want to change your expectations and neither do some of the unemployed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,964,944 times
I don't expect employers to have sympathy for the unemployed, because most see their employees as being subhuman anyway.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
I'd rather be a bank teller than have no job at all.

Bank Teller doesn't fall into the crappy job category so I believe many people would take a job like that with no problem.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 PM

244 posts, read 667,518 times
Quote:
3 or 5 years in the unemployment line?!?!? What is someone doing unemployed for that long?
You want to know what people have been doing being unemployed for so long? Some of us have been raising kids. And if I started to work for someone that seems so angry, I would leave too, just like the people you say "flake" out on you.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:50 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakread2 View Post
You want to know what people have been doing being unemployed for so long? Some of us have been raising kids. And if I started to work for someone that seems so angry, I would leave too, just like the people you say "flake" out on you.
Time really flies when you are unemployed and before you know it a year has went by so I can believe now when someone says they been unemployed for 2 years.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
One day it may be you. Very cruel post and I know many qualified people who can't find jobs.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:59 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,966,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I've BEEN IN THEIR SHOES. I'VE BEEN FIRED!!! I recovered from it -- because I was humble and accepted that *I* have control over my situation. These are lazy [Bleep.] (average American millennnial+ graduates) who deserve no sympathy. They're getting out-competed by Indians and then whine like hell that *their* jobs have been taken. Yeah, Sanjay took their job...because they wanted to study sports management at State U. LOL.
Although the OP's posts aren't very tactful, I have to admit that there is a lot of truth to what he says. Being a millennial myself I can see much of what he is talking about from my generation. The lack of drive from my generation combined with the fact that they feel as if they are entitled to the best even when they don't work for it is truly pathetic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-05-2015 at 10:38 AM..

Old 03-04-2015, 10:01 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmverbs View Post
You sound angry and if you're venting then cool but if your actually blaming your lack of observatory skills and inability to retain employees on the people you yourself are picking then I see the fault in your perspective. Can you rant about unemployed peoples accountability and then in the same breath display none for yourself ? How much are you paying and for what type of work? "Easy work environments" always exist when you talk to the management it seems. "Flaking" and choosing not to come back and work for you are two totally different things. If they came to you for work and worked it's not very likely they didn't want to work; It could be the situation isn't as good as you are thinking. Maybe if you bring on a trusted person ask them to do the same "easy work" for the same pay rate for a week or two maybe the feedback they can give you can help resolve your "flaky" employee issues. Some people don't think it's beneficial to take a lesser job and lose their unemployment income. Employment is considered something that should be progressive and many don't realize their only qualified skills were in a solitary field until it's too late. Some fields are extremely hard to find jobs in. You can't expect them to lower the bar if they have a way to survive until the right job comes. You don't want to change your expectations and neither do some of the unemployed.
No, I'm not wrong; I'm right. I'm the one hiring people and I see it - you don't. We all want to be politically correct and assume that it's employers who are "greedy" and being "ogres", but the reality is that a lot of unemployed people have a tremendous sense of entitlement, can't take criticism, and quit knowing that either their families or the government will take care of them. All's well for 4 or 5 months. But then employers naturally start looking at their resume and notice that they haven't been doing a [Bleep.]thing for a year. And now that's supposed to be a form of "discrimination" lololololol!!!!!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-05-2015 at 10:38 AM..

Old 03-04-2015, 10:03 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Time really flies when you are unemployed and before you know it a year has went by so I can believe now when someone says they been unemployed for 2 years.
Time flies?

Why not make use of your time? The moment you're unemployed, you should be up at 8 in the morning and working until 5 p.m. to find a job. If you're not, then you're lazy.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:03 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
No, I'm not wrong; I'm right. I'm the one hiring people and I see it - you don't. We all want to be politically correct and assume that it's employers who are "greedy" and being "ogres", but the reality is that a lot of unemployed people have a tremendous sense of entitlement, can't take criticism, and quit knowing that either their families or the government will take care of them. All's well for 4 or 5 months. But then employers naturally start looking at their resume and notice that they haven't been doing a [Bleep.] thing for a year. And now that's supposed to be a form of "discrimination" lololololol!!!!!

Is a livable wage being offered? If not then I can see why the low interest in the job that's being offered.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-05-2015 at 10:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment