Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 04:21 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmverbs View Post
How do you know it's not someone other than her making you believe you're talking to her? The actual woman may not even be aware your "chatting" with her. "Catfishing" is very common on those dating sites. The chances of that level of disregard for her personal privacy and the security of her employment sounds highly unlikely, especially if shes upper management. You can't believe everything you encounter on the web yaknow!
Ding Ding Ding! Don't be a sap. It is the internet.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:27 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,119,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmverbs View Post
How do you know it's not someone other than her making you believe you're talking to her? The actual woman may not even be aware your "chatting" with her. "Catfishing" is very common on those dating sites. The chances of that level of disregard for her personal privacy and the security of her employment sounds highly unlikely, especially if shes upper management. You can't believe everything you encounter on the web yaknow!
You make great points.

It wouldn't be the first time a noob got trolled by some dude with pics of a sexy woman.
It reminds me of the State Farm commercial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_CgPsGY5Mw

Old 03-08-2015, 07:20 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
I don't know about the rest of you guys but when I was 22 if a hot 30 year old lady made sexual advances at me I would have felt so filthy dirty, so used and I am afraid I would have to live with the feeling of cheap the rest of my life.

//Sarcasm off

Old 03-08-2015, 08:29 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,457,265 times
I agree with Calmverbs - based on your description OP - it sounds like cat-phishing. I saw what I am certain was this done to someone a few years back whom I met as part of my then job. I was still using OLD and saw a profile of her that was so specific to identifying her it was obvious no woman in her right mind would have placed the profile up herself. It read more like a co worker with access to her HR file placed it even down to the photo.

Having interacted with her a number of times, I am certain she didn't place the profile. It wasn't up long - I surmise someone she knew saw it - but it appeared to be the type of profile someone would place who wanted to get back at her or shame her as it wasn't flattering. She's an attractive single professional mother of a young child and the way the OLD profile was written had no sense of distilling her personality. My guess was it was someone either spurned by her or a jealous female co worker trying to shame her.

With all the other tech ways of finding a casual sex partner the woman the OP describes must be eager to lose her job. It doesn't make sense. Not that it couldn't hypothetically be the rare totally clueless but I highly doubt it. The joys of the internet!

Old 03-08-2015, 08:52 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
This thread is closed. The topic is inappropriate for the W&E forum, and the vulgar term used in many of the posts is just wrong.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment