Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 06:10 AM

6,435 posts, read 9,778,422 times

Advertisements

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 06:16 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,266,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adult Education View Post
UPDATE: My manager is furious at me for going over his head and getting his boss and the HR Director involved and is freezing me out and not talking to me. His boss came up to me on Friday and asked how I was working with Jerry, my supervisor. I told him that Jerry refuses to talk to me and appeared angry that I got HR involved. I saw that the big boss when in and talked to Jerry behind closed doors after our conversation.

I see one of two things happening now:

Jerry, my boss will work hard to come up with a paper trail and try to get me fired by second guessing and blowing every little thing I do wrong, real or imagined, out of proportion.

Or the VP told Jerry that I am doing a good job and leave me alone.
You can't possibly be naïve enough as to think that it was going to end any other way, did you?

Start looking for a job, now.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:01 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,392,695 times
Is there anyway you can get transferred to a different manager?

Old 04-06-2015, 07:55 AM

15,972 posts, read 9,364,932 times
Please tell us more about "Jerry".

Old 04-06-2015, 08:04 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,368,967 times
Quote:

Jerry, my boss will work hard to come up with a paper trail and try to get me fired by second guessing and blowing every little thing I do wrong, real or imagined, out of proportion.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:20 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,758,015 times
Quote:
UPDATE: My manager is furious at me for going over his head and getting his boss and the HR Director involved and is freezing me out and not talking to me. His boss came up to me on Friday and asked how I was working with Jerry, my supervisor. I told him that Jerry refuses to talk to me and appeared angry that I got HR involved. I saw that the big boss when in and talked to Jerry behind closed doors after our conversation.

Well gosh darn, good luck getting out of that hole.

You're either a really bad troll or ignorant.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:58 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,207,241 times
Quote:

Jerry's going to fire you and the VP's going to back him up.

Update your resume. Now.

Old 04-06-2015, 11:58 AM

709 posts, read 765,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Please tell us more about "Jerry".
Yes, we need some back story on this character, and the new character of the big boss.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:08 PM

595 posts, read 1,253,063 times
This is your warning. Leave on your terms or theirs.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,561,101 times
Quote:

Are you seriously so stuck on some fantasy that you would even consider the VP told Jerry to leave you alone? It doesn't work that way.

And Jerry doesn't have to work hard to come up with anything. You've proven yourself to be a problem employee by going over his head.

Stick a fork in it, you're done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment