Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 02:35 PM

23,515 posts, read 23,986,796 times

Advertisements

I have also been very impressed with the staff at Chick-Fil-A. Always courteous, professional and my order is always right!
Both In-N-Out and Chick-Fil-A get my business when I want a fast food meal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 03:18 PM

67 posts, read 96,617 times
I understand they recruit for staff at local churches and the pastor will refer young people they respect. These people want to work with other like minded people and don't want to lose the respect of the church leaders who referred them.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:06 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
I've heard becoming an owner of a Chick-Fil-A is an extremely rigorous process. I think they get better owners, who are in turn more in-tune with the business and hiring. They also seem to be in more affluent areas. You very rarely see a Chick-Fil-A in a hellhole part of town.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:05 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Same here in NC. Great customer service. It does seem they hire more American workers where the others don't. I'm not checking visas but if you can't speak English then I can only assume. My only complaint is the "have a blessed day" at first I thought it was accidental but they say it every time. Just irks me for some reason.
Lol! maybe you'd rather they tell you to go to have a lousy day, then.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:14 PM

14 posts, read 15,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
I think the Christian values attracts a certain type of individual which makes the service that much better. If you are a Christian and strive to make ever day a testament to God's glory, I'm pretty sure it results in behavior that is not simply someone going to a job because he has to put food on the table...that too but it's also to glorify God, etc.

In any case, I love chick-fil-a too. I rarely eat fast food but I make only 2 exceptions and this is one of the (the other is In-n-Out).
Religion has little to do with it.

Not all Chick Filet places are great. Some have racist employees:
Chick-fil-A cashier fired for racist receipts mocking Asians - U.S. News

And there are plenty of places in the South with terrible service while preaching Christian values. And I'll bet you most restaurant workers are probably Christian anyways. Chick Filet often has decent employees due to good hiring practices, and occasional bonuses/profit sharing. They are generally known to be very flexible with shift schedules.

It's more due to company policies than whatever their religion is. Amazon is known for great customer service, for example.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:30 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Does Chick-Fil-A give their employees benefits. That would make a big difference

Old 04-02-2015, 09:14 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
I think the Christian values attracts a certain type of individual which makes the service that much better. If you are a Christian and strive to make ever day a testament to God's glory, I'm pretty sure it results in behavior that is not simply someone going to a job because he has to put food on the table...that too but it's also to glorify God, etc.

In any case, I love chick-fil-a too. I rarely eat fast food but I make only 2 exceptions and this is one of the (the other is In-n-Out).
Gee, it couldn't be that they don't have work through the whole weekend, get insurance benefits, and a higher rate of pay than those who work in other fast food establishments?

I guess you have never been to a Jewish owned deli. I'm pretty sure they're not Christian but know several that give excellent service.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:18 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,078,593 times
I don't think religion has anything to do with it. I don't think they'd be too preachy when it comes to work. When Dan Cathy made the remarks he made, those were his beliefs, he never said those were the beliefs and practices of the organization. He never said they discriminate against anyone. He was just stating his beliefs. Of course, some people had to twist it to fit their agenda.

As for the organization, I think they're like Target. They may or may not pay more than their competition but when you treat your employees better and have a cleaner and better work environment and attract a certain clientele, I think it brings in better and happier employees.

Okay, so someone got fired for racist comments. What organization does not? It doesn't matter what organization it is, if the organization is made up of people, there are going to be problems.

Some people ask me: is sexual harassment and drug use big in the military? I don't know, we're people, too. We're a slice of the pie from the general public so I would expect there to be because non-military people have those issues as well.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:20 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,794,402 times
Those employees are like answered prayers.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:10 PM

908 posts, read 960,613 times
Quote:

i agree with this. funny how both In n Out and Chick-fil-a are both Christian companies and have exceptional service!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment