Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2015, 07:54 PM

305 posts, read 724,139 times

Advertisements

I honestly can't take it anymore. A lot of employers are like this. Every interview ends with no job and it's starting to become a waste of my time, energy, and I grow more insane each time.

I had an interview this week. It was short and simple and the employer said she'd call me in a week. It's nearing the 7 days and I'm growing more anxious and I have a feeling it's going to be another rejection.

When an employer says she'll call you, is that a polite rejection? What should I do in this case? Should I wait until that day for a phone call?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 10:27 PM

658 posts, read 724,227 times
Wait for the week to end and on the first day of the second week send a professional email inquiring about the position you interviewed last week. If no response is recieved then you dont have to waste too much time. Also think of why you keep getting rejected after interviews. Usually something constructive about you that may have caused employers to not want to hire you, it could various things. Keep on looking as well to land the job that you are qualified for and that you have confidence in landing a job. Usually saying they will call you back means they are not interest in you.

Old 04-05-2015, 12:02 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetik View Post
I honestly can't take it anymore. A lot of employers are like this. Every interview ends with no job and it's starting to become a waste of my time, energy, and I grow more insane each time.

I had an interview this week. It was short and simple and the employer said she'd call me in a week. It's nearing the 7 days and I'm growing more anxious and I have a feeling it's going to be another rejection.

When an employer says she'll call you, is that a polite rejection? What should I do in this case? Should I wait until that day for a phone call?
If the interviewer stated a specific day that you would hear from them then you would probably get a phone call. But if the statement was made with estimated time frame without a specific day, then it's a strong possibility it could be a polite rejection. I would just send a quick email after a week or so to let them know you are still interested and then move on until you hear from them about the position.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:23 AM

906 posts, read 712,387 times
the magic of a thank you card

Old 04-05-2015, 08:27 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
the magic of a thank you card
Yeah not really.

Generally when I interview I'll ask the timeline, and reiterate "so I'll hear from youth Wednesday?" Follow up on Thursday if I don't.

Good luck in Your search, I know it's tough. I wouldn't take the remark one way or another. You truly never know.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:15 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,118,908 times
If they have multiple positions to fill, you may get lost in the shuffle. Give them a call this week.

If every interview ends up with no job, it means you are failing the interviews. They bring you, because you look good on paper. It's time to practice the interviews.

I did over a hundred practice interviews in a few weeks. It was a speed interviewing set up with a timer going off every 12-15 . In one afternoon, you could do 16-20 interviews.

When I get interviewed, they always call back now.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:17 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetik View Post

It can be but other times it simply means what the statement says, she will call you in a week.
No one can even venture to give a good guess of what this particular employer means since she
is the only one who knows what she actually means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment