Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 11:44 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Nurse**** is welcome to work for this establishment if at anytime she desires to return to work.
I've never heard of such a thing, particularly in a case where the employee was terminated.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:53 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I've never heard of such a thing, particularly in a case where the employee was terminated.
Did you read the entire post? #29. I said it was given just prior to complaint. Not after termination. Just because you've never heard such a thing, doesn't mean "such thing" never happened. We don't always know everything, I certainly don't. I've been saying this several post back, over and over again. What I believe is what I can see. The letter of reference exist, I've seen it, read it....AND when given, a copy was placed in the now "missing file".

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 04-09-2015 at 12:02 PM..

Old 04-09-2015, 11:56 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
For the third time: where's the discrimination?

Old 04-09-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Did you read the entire post? #29. I said it was given prior to discharge. Just because you've never heard such a thing, doesn't mean "such thing" never happened. We don't alway know everything. I certainly don't, but I can tell you, the letter of reference exist, I've seen it, read it....AND when given, a copy was placed in the now "missing file".

I missed the part where it was given prior to discharge. And I'm sorry, I would find it highly unusual if such a letter had been given after termination, which is what I thought happened.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I think it's one of those grasping at straws claims, which is why we're not getting an answer.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
We already coverd that back in around post #26.. feel free to catch up.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think it's one of those grasping at straws claims, which is why we're not getting an answer.
Maybe, again as I don't know everything. Well, it's being investigated. She may or may not prevail, only time will tell. Either which way, that was really a good person it happened to. And i wish people would quit telling me to "keep my nose out of it". I don't know about anyone else but I'm not one to sit on the sidelines and see someone treated with such contempt, like they did'nt contribute anything to this 'place' after so many years of service. It's hard to watch. And if I lose my job for sticking up for a friend...so be it! My DH and I have planned on getting out of this state anyway and relocating to another. TN is an extremely hard place to be an employee. Damn if you do and damn if you don't. (vent off).

PS: And I do appreciate all of you who chimed in, trying to help make sense of this as I am, yes with limited information (that's all I have). Have a great rest of the day guys/gals.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:42 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
We already coverd that back in around post #26.. feel free to catch up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane
Yes, based on protected class, didn't think I needed to spell it out for you as it is common knowledge that one must be of such class when dealing with the EEOC, forgive me. And yes, I said I had some information, be it from...first hand, second hand or third hand...some, not all. Appreciate your input Rabritta. Thank you .

She was discriminated against because of her age? sexual orientation? religion? all of the above (pick one that sticks?)? and the proof is that her personnel file disappeared?

Old 04-09-2015, 02:04 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
Quote:
Yes "at will", "right to work", "pull the rug while sitting", call it whatever your heart desire, all the same crap to me. Not sure why you felt the need to "pull teeth, I never said I had all the answer, just some knowledge of the situation, be it first, second, or third hand.. SOME not all. You've offered your advice and I appreciate the input . Thank you for comments MPowering1. Good night.
I don't blame you, Betsey Lane, for feeling like there is a lot of nitpicking going on here.

I had no problem following the conversation as the thread progressed and you attempted to explain the position of the the ex-employee. It is complicated situation and I did not feel you were trying to prevaricate in any way in your explanations. I don't think we have all of the information but I don't feel it was deliberate.

Good luck to the ex-employee in seeking redress here. My daughter is a nurse and has seen some situations that were really shady where the hiring entity was involved. Unfortunate.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:34 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I don't blame you, Betsey Lane, for feeling like there is a lot of nitpicking going on here.

I had no problem following the conversation as the thread progressed and you attempted to explain the position of the the ex-employee. It is complicated situation and I did not feel you were trying to prevaricate in any way in your explanations. I don't think we have all of the information but I don't feel it was deliberate.

Good luck to the ex-employee in seeking redress here. My daughter is a nurse and has seen some situations that were really shady where the hiring entity was involved. Unfortunate.
Lol.

You admit the situation is complicated, so why would it seem like a negative thing to ask for more detail? This isn't nitpicking. The more information, the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment