Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 09:49 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,464,114 times

Advertisements

I slept with the girlfriend of the only co worker who ever tried to throw me under the bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 10:00 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
I slept with the girlfriend of the only co worker who ever tried to throw me under the bus.
were you thrown under the bus before or after sleeping with her? If it was after, I'd buy him a drink

Old 04-16-2015, 03:09 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
About twice a week I run into one of the owners of a company I worked for, and he was the one partner who had me fired from that job. He is a nasty SOB, but when he sees me he makes a point of coming over and chatting as if we are long lost friends. What do I do ? I treat him nicely and we talk as if nothing happened, because I have moved on and he actually did me a favor because I found a better job after they terminated me.

I also do not like burning bridges just because it makes me feel better. You never know where the future will take you, and I might need him for something some day.

But I did get some satisfaction one time. A new general manager, who was also involved in that firing, one day walked into the new company where I was working, and he told me he had been let go and was wondering if we were hiring ! It felt so damn good to tell him to leave me his resume and that I would call him if we had any openings ! (Funny, but we never did have any openings after that)

Don

Old 04-16-2015, 06:19 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
Have you ever been backstabbed or thrown under the bus by coworkers? If so, how did you act when you ran into them later?
You should act super successful and act like you are on top of the world! That would be my advice. Talk to them pleasantly as if they are beneath you so far that you can't possibly be reached anymore. Your home life is so good, you can't help but to smile at all times and wondering if you are indeed living the dream!

Old 04-16-2015, 07:29 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,315,024 times
Early in my career I ran across and idiot who was almost to the day the same age as me but was a tier higher and of course in the ways of the young and stupid he felt the need to show me in every way possible that I was his subordinate.

Now having a backbone and a sense of self worth this didn't sit all that well with me. He was a complete a-hole and I was of course acting in kind like an a-hole.

Eventually I was promoted to the same level in a different dept and shortly there after moved cities and forgot all about that POS.

14 years later I am visiting my parents for the holidays and take my family to a local farm that has hayrides and sells produce, etc.

While looking for the perfect pumpkin I spot my old nemesis working at the farm lugging pumpkins. Without malice I make eye contact, use his name, say hi and extend my hand.

He looks at my hand sneers and gives me his back. Nasty little bastard that he is.

So, we load up on apples, pumpkins, cider and the like and as we are checking out the cashier asks if we need help out to load the car.

"Yes, yes we do need help to the car. I had a friend who once worked here, his name is C****"

The cashier paiges him and two minutes later he rolls into the shop, hits a full stop when he sees it's me, my lovely wife and children. He turns tail and runs out.

The cashier is confused and asks what happened, I tell her that I guess he wasn't happy to see me and that I was his old parole officer.

As we leave I see her gathering the other cashiers priming the rumor mill.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:27 AM

1,493 posts, read 1,518,718 times

Old 04-16-2015, 08:13 PM

828 posts, read 907,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoasting View Post
Early in my career I ran across and idiot who was almost to the day the same age as me but was a tier higher and of course in the ways of the young and stupid he felt the need to show me in every way possible that I was his subordinate.

Now having a backbone and a sense of self worth this didn't sit all that well with me. He was a complete a-hole and I was of course acting in kind like an a-hole.

Eventually I was promoted to the same level in a different dept and shortly there after moved cities and forgot all about that POS.

14 years later I am visiting my parents for the holidays and take my family to a local farm that has hayrides and sells produce, etc.

While looking for the perfect pumpkin I spot my old nemesis working at the farm lugging pumpkins. Without malice I make eye contact, use his name, say hi and extend my hand.

He looks at my hand sneers and gives me his back. Nasty little bastard that he is.

So, we load up on apples, pumpkins, cider and the like and as we are checking out the cashier asks if we need help out to load the car.

"Yes, yes we do need help to the car. I had a friend who once worked here, his name is C****"

The cashier paiges him and two minutes later he rolls into the shop, hits a full stop when he sees it's me, my lovely wife and children. He turns tail and runs out.

The cashier is confused and asks what happened, I tell her that I guess he wasn't happy to see me and that I was his old parole officer.

As we leave I see her gathering the other cashiers priming the rumor mill.
I was rooting for you the first half of your post. Then it seemed you started playing games, and you were no better than your nemesis. Too bad. You seem to be cut from the same cloth.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:55 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,315,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
I was rooting for you the first half of your post. Then it seemed you started playing games, and you were no better than your nemesis. Too bad. You seem to be cut from the same cloth.
Naw.

Old 12-10-2020, 08:21 AM

2,616 posts, read 3,144,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I had one coworker that threw me under the bus, I didn't find out until later. We both worked for a horrid woman who would pick one person on the team to blame all the issues for. My coworker jumped on this bad wagon and started piling on blame for more and more things. It was an absolute nightmare.

I left for a new position, she emailed me months afterwards to apologize. She started receiving the wrath of our boss and said she was the new scapegoat.
At least she came to her senses. Toxic bosses wield a lot of influence & fear on people. Sooner or later, that boss will reap what she does. May take awhile but it will happen.

Old 12-10-2020, 08:30 AM

2,616 posts, read 3,144,625 times
I just posted on another thread about such an issue.

I’ve always been able to be publicly polite to those I don’t like. Occasionally, I found a person more pleasant away from the office.

I worked with a longtime friend who backstabbed me awhile back. I hope I can be cordial if I see him somewhere. I’ve bounced back from the situation but he totally betrayed my trust & could have wrecked my livelihood. This is 1 of the few times I struggle with forgiveness. Forgiveness is generally part of my nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment